Looking for an apiary near Caversham Road in Reading.

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rob den Dekker

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
Hi all,

I moved to Reading recently and unfortunately find myself without a place to keep my two hives. :(

Unfortunately I don't own a car, so it will have to be within walking distance of Caversham Road.

Any help is very much appreciated.

Kind regards,
Rob.

Hi all,

I moved to Reading recently and unfortunately find myself without a place to keep my two hives. :(

Unfortunately I don't own a car, so it will have to be within walking distance of Caversham Road.

Any help is very much appreciated.

Kind regards,
Rob.

Try the office blocks on Vastern rd maybe they have some roof space.

Unfortunately I don't own a car, so it will have to be within walking distance

Unable to ride a bike? Just asking; I recognise that some cannot.

RAB

All depends how far you can walk with a wheelbarrow or get one of those trailers that fit’s to the back of bikes (make your own even better) as a couple of beekeepers in central London seem to manage with and one of them with over 40 hives.
Good luck, hope something pops up.

Perhaps ask to stick a postcard ad in the window of one of the shops opposite the Griffin? There are lots of very big gardens up St Peters Hill and The Warren which backs onto the river, which should be within walking distance for you. Assuming they are friendly enough to be homed in somebody elses big garden?

There are lots of allotments around caversham too but I suspect they would all have long waiting lists and might have rules about bees but may be worth checking out just in case.

I also agree that rooftops would be worth exploring.

Good luck.

Back