• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Beekeeping Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Local honey wanted Blackwood/Caerphilly area

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NicJ

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
None
Hi,
I am looking to find a local honey in the Blackwood/Caerphilly area. The person I usually get it from has been ill and is now in hospital, and my supply is almost gone. My son takes it for his hayfever and I don't seem to be able to find any. I don't really know how far away local honey can be from your area for it to work, so any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance
Nicola

If nobody local turns up on the forum, then you could contact the local beekeepers association, they'll be able to pass on your request to their members.

http://www.gwentbeekeepers.co.uk/

(their offers page has someone who sells honey)

I don't really know how far away local honey can be from your area for it to work, so any help will be greatly appreciated.
Bees don't travel that far to collect nectar and pollen, but what is important in your case is not so much distance as that the plants that they forage on are the same or similar to that in the area that you live. Bees upwind of you (to the south west) will likely collect pollen that would otherwise be blown towards you, and pollen can be blown many more miles than the distance that bees will forage.

Last edited:
Hi,
I am looking to find a local honey in the Blackwood/Caerphilly area. The person I usually get it from has been ill and is now in hospital, and my supply is almost gone. My son takes it for his hayfever and I don't seem to be able to find any. I don't really know how far away local honey can be from your area for it to work, so any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance
Nicola

Hi Nicola,

There are several members of Gwent and Cardiff BKA's on your doorstep but don't advertise the fact.

Follow this link Lorne East, he should sort you out?

Thanks for the plug Wessexmario ;)

Russ

Hi Nicola, is Aberdare any good for you? The flora should be the same as Blackwood I think, same sort of topography and elevation at least ;)

Hi Nicola. The seasonal bee inspector lives in caerphilly and has delicious honey. I bought some last week. Her name is Dinah Sweet at graig fawr lodge caerphilly.

Obee

Latest posts

Back