Lincoln auction prices

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crazy_bull

Field Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
Sorry if there is a thread already, but couldn't see one. Did anyone go? What were prices like?

C B

We put in the last of our bee equipment 73 lots and was very pleased with the prices we got.
It was well attended but a bit chilly. Did not watch the bees being sold .Not many bees for sale this year.

poor day, lack of kit for sale and very low number of colonies too, last year 80+ this year about 20

average price seemed to be around £130-£150, some on langstroth, commercial and national stock, the only reason these prices reached this was due to such a small number of lots for sale

prices of lots did seem very high at times, crazy numbers, £40+ each (4 of them sold) for OMF?

there was a thread on here to a jam maker for sale a few months ago, same item in auction sold for £50+

I left for home after bee auction part, very poor compared to previous years

maybe I expected too much

Last edited:
I think there was about 23 lots of bees, full colonies about £200, 5 frame nucs about £175. Honey in buckets anything from £14 for 2 15lb buckets and 30lb buckets for about £30. New hives that was 1 super , brood box, roof, omf floor and crown board from £55 to £75. Old hives from £30 to £45. New nuc boxes £20- £30. New omf floors £35- £45 some new cedar supers looked like th----- seconds went for about £30

I think there was about 23 lots of bees, full colonies about £200, 5 frame nucs about £175. Honey in buckets anything from £14 for 2 15lb buckets and 30lb buckets for about £30. New hives that was 1 super , brood box, roof, omf floor and crown board from £55 to £75. Old hives from £30 to £45. New nuc boxes £20- £30. New omf floors £35- £45 some new cedar supers looked like th----- seconds went for about £30

about 20 colonies, I have a picture of them - looks very sad compared to last years long line of hives

your memory is better than mine on prices it seems

Was a shock to see so few hives i was told a few days before that there was 45 entered and expecting a few more.. Maybe the people that had entered them thaught with the weather and panic at the pumps there would not be many people there

Wonder if it was because of poor prices at last years auction, sounds like the shortage this year pushed the prices back up again. Were the Ponts there - they normally have 20+ for sale by themselves?

Remember that it was quite early this year so many people may not have had colonies that they wanted to travel with.

Baggy

The colony that i bought there last year, yielded my biggest crop.

I was planning on selling two nucs there this year. But due to family commitments i was unable to attend.

there were some okish buys, I got a brand new complete hive for £55 which wasnt bad and a very well made large nuc box with new frames & wax, omf for £22
Bought an old hive for £40 but I think that will be a bait hive.

Latest posts

Back