lime coloured pollen

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

protheroe

Field Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
a few
what plant does lime coloured pollen come from?

my home one in cwmgors.The 15 hives were all bringing it in as soon as the weather brightened up this afternoon

Last edited:
According to Bristol Beekeepers pollen chart it says that heath bell is a green colour and there is a bit of that about

Lime has a yellowish lime green pollen, Privet has more of a minty lime green pollen. Both are in flower here and the bees are working the privet. The lime trees need a couple of days of sunshine to get the bees going

Also wild honeysuckle is green and I know that is in flower

ive seen a few wild honeysuckle but have not noticed enough for all my hives to be gathering from and i dont think they are travelling far with the unpredictable weather

ITLD knows his plants so will check medowsweet and abi-e says lime or privet,i havent noticed any lime about but theres probably a few somwhere dotted through the farmland copses.Its not a darker lime so probably not privet.

We've had what I called radioactive yellow in 3 apiaries, guess its more of a lime green now you mention it. But thought lime trees in/near only I apiary. May have to think again. I'm pretty sure meadowsweet is darker than that, that I saw. Loads of privet around home apiary, not yet noticed that colour pollen going in though.

My local front gardens are lined with privet hedges, whenever the sun shines they're busy with bees. It looks like the Limes are over

My local front gardens are lined with privet hedges, whenever the sun shines they're busy with bees. It looks like the Limes are over

i am next door to the black mountains and everything seems to flower later.5 or 6 miles away the balsams in flower but theres nothing where i am yet and its the same all year

i am next door to the black mountains and everything seems to flower later.5 or 6 miles away the balsams in flower but theres nothing where i am yet and its the same all year
Did you find out what that pollen was as mine are collecting it now

Did you find out what that pollen was as mine are collecting it now

i called round a friends yesterday and noticed an avenue of lime in flower about half a mile away from me ,so i think its that.I was in your neck of the woods earlier picking up a cast from capel road,they were quite suprised to see me collecting the bees in a t shirt,too hot to get suited up

Latest posts

Back