Light at the end of the tunnel !!

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
4X4's are only as good as the driver, a woman next door bought one and thought she could drive the same speed in the snow and ended up banned from driving and a bent BMW

I have a Brazilian willow in my garden. No fluff whatsoever on the flowers

Plenty of hazel catkins out around here now, but the willow flowers around April time over this way, later than most places i expect.

Plenty of hazel catkins out around here now, but the willow flowers around April time over this way.

same here - hazels showing catkins - no sign of life from the crack willow/goat willow. Some snowdrops poking their heads up around the apple trees though.

Jenkins, mine are rooted cuttings taken from undergrowth on the local railway embankment.... Grey willow or grey sallow (Salix cinerea), a small tree native to northern Europe

rich

Jenkins, mine are rooted cuttings taken from undergrowth on the local railway embankment.... Grey willow or grey sallow (Salix cinerea), a small tree native to northern Europe

rich

Seems to be in bud really early if it's the same one as in this link...April to May normally.http://www.naturespot.org.uk/species/grey-willow

Hope you don't get too many things flowering early over London way, it will be all over before the bees get chance to get airborne during the cold weather.

Last edited:
I have three different plants, including one that's a rooted branch in a tub of water - they all have grey furry buds, haven't seen yellow flowers yet.

Talking of yellow flowers, we do have plenty of gorse in flower around here.

Hazels not out yet, usually comes afore d willow.
Remember, don't eat the yellow snow:ack2::ack2:

Meanwhile the "light at the end of the tunnel" which the OP talked about is obscured by a few inches of snow here.. :hairpull:

It is funny a few weeks ago we were having the average temps for March, now it's back to normal. I love we have seasons so don't mind a bit of a chill.

Latest posts

Back