Life at Frisby

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Today I finished work early and got down to the field at 12ish - well really I had to pick eldest son up as youngest had an accident with his vehicle, which means we are juggling 2 cars amongst 3 people, I nipped into the field to have a quick look around and wandered down to the bees, it was a lovely sunny day and the hives face west - so in full sun, bees were flying from 2, there was a commotion as bees dragged something out - it looked yellowish, could it have been a wasp? They tipped it over the edge of the hive stand, I walked round the back and peered round the side of the hive to see if I could make out what it was but I got buzzed so I nonchalantly walked away.
The river was up again at the weekend and roaring on Monday. Futher upstream flood gates release excess river water into the gravel pits, when that is full and overflowing it flows back into the river just feet downstream from me, that is where the roaring comes from.
Had a glorious sight a week last Sunday, it was the Victorian Christmas market in Melton and a steam train comes in full of punters from Birmingham, lots of anoraks gather at the crossing to take photos, in the past it has often been some grotty engine with an assortment of mismatched coaches. This year it was a magnificent sight - The Earl of Mount Edgecumbe, freshly restored and thundering along with a huge train of splendid coaches.

Back