Life at Frisby

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well since there's not much to talk about bee wise I though I'd talk about something else, but not much is happening at the field either. . . It's very very muddy, the pony lives on a mud patch with a fresh strip of grass every morning and night, even though he is restricted he could poo for Britain and it's murder picking it up from the mud mud glorious mud. One or two of my this years birds have started to lay, and some of the older ones too so I am still getting a few eggs a day which is nice.
I went to Thornes on Friday as I was working that way and bought 2 packets of Nektapol. I was going to make some using Finman's recipe but I don't have any honey or pollen so thought this was the next best option.
Today I was working at Riseholme College which is Lincolnshire Ag College. Samuel (son) came with me as I have to show the students what I am doing. If I do that, it takes 4 hours and the results are wrong, so last year I took Samuel and he set up in front of me, I scanned all the sheep, quietly, on my own, while he took odd ones to show students and let them have a go. The students are bored, they don't want to be there, are not a bit interested and are cold, one of them fainted so that added a bit of excitement to the proceedings and I took advantage of the fact that people were distracted and went even faster. :)

He he he! Do you think they noticed that you went faster???!!

Back