lenor un stoppables. how can these be allowed?

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dpearce4

Queen Bee
Beekeeping Sponsor
Reaction score
Hive Type
Commercial
Number of Hives
a few more than last year but still not enough
How can a company sell a product that states on the back it is long term dangerous to aquatic life to be put in a washing machine.

This then goes into the water course. Is it me or should they even be allowed to sell something like thus?

Attachments

• IMG_20161028_182707.jpg
    IMG_20161028_182707.jpg
    285 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_20161028_182700.jpg
    IMG_20161028_182700.jpg
    229.9 KB · Views: 27
I have worked on a lot of **** farms overs the years or sewerage farms for the owld grumps.. lol , the stuff from most house hold waste goes into big storage vessels and is processed in various stages until it is safe to go into the water coarse, hoever folk who have septic tanks need to read the label to make sure it is safe to use on septic tanks, it will be 100% safe however if its going through a **** farm.

Why would anyone want to use them anyway? :hairpull: (my favourite smilie tonight :))

Why would anyone want to use them anyway? :hairpull: (my favourite smilie tonight :))

Because people believe the hype and think that it will make them smell nice and fresh.

Just like the new style adverts for detox and stuff working on peoples anxieties. But just bringing on more and more allergies.

I think anyone who is daft enough to use 'Biological' washing powder should have their legs slapped - bad for their clothes, bad for their skin and terrrible for the environment.

And I suppose non biological washing powder, bleach, and soda crystals have no effect on the environment.

I have worked on a lot of **** farms overs the years or sewerage farms for the owld grumps.. lol , the stuff from most house hold waste goes into big storage vessels and is processed in various stages until it is safe to go into the water coarse,

That's a matter of what you're referring to - the effluent etc. - the 'sludge' we consider as polluting in sewage may have gone, but any chemicals in that water, detergents,nitrates/phosphates, neonicotinoids and female hormones (from all the young girlies taking magic smarties) are still in that 'safe' water.
I remember the river Loughor fish kill in the mid 1990's caused by the high nitrate and phosphate levels causing a massive surge in summer weed growth which in consequence led to nightly oxygen starvation. also the algae problems the river Towy still has due to sewage treatment farms 'safe' run off.
And as for hormones - slowly and steadily the virility of male fish is getting lower and lower.

That's a matter of what you're referring to - the effluent etc. - the 'sludge' we consider as polluting in sewage may have gone, but any chemicals in that water, detergents,nitrates/phosphates, neonicotinoids and female hormones (from all the young girlies taking magic smarties) are still in that 'safe' water.
I remember the river Loughor fish kill in the mid 1990's caused by the high nitrate and phosphate levels causing a massive surge in summer weed growth which in consequence led to nightly oxygen starvation. also the algae problems the river Towy still has due to sewage treatment farms 'safe' run off.
And as for hormones - slowly and steadily the virility of male fish is getting lower and lower.

Good job you've got mountain streams :)

Its part of the blue green algae problem.

Back