Leaving negative feed back on ebay

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Oscarmonster

House Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
I'm having trouble with an ebay purchase. It has not been delivered and the seller has not replied to any of my messages. I intend to leave negative feed back for the first time.
What is going on with the feed back on ebay? A lot of people leave negative messages yet still rate it as a positive transaction. Why?

put it into dispute and ebay will refund your money or will contact the seller for you

I always thought it was because bad sellers could then leave retaliatory negative feedback for a buyer who had complained, but they can't now.

I think I've only left negative twice in about 12 years of using the bay but sometimes it's necessary if you have given the seller every chance to put things right.

put it into dispute and ebay will refund your money or will contact the seller for you

It is. They have until Monday. They still haven't responded, but they are still buying and selling so I know they're not on holiday. Previously 100% positive feed back.

Previously 100% positive feed back

Not necessarily a useful measure unless a high number of transactions and , for some they can have achieved 100% from small purchases and then make a quick killing with sales items and then disappear.

Luckily there are not so many of them around.

Last edited:
Only left negative feedback on two occasions ... both went into dispute and I got my money back ... complete w...krs both of them. Won an item on auction, I paid for it instantly and then they presumably decided that they didn't want to sell at the price it went for ...

Other than that, not had many bad experiences in well over a thousand transactions.

Usual caveats apply on ebay - if it looks too good to be true, it probably is !

Previously 100% positive feed back

Not necessarily a useful measure unless a high number of transactions and , for some they can have achieved 100% from small purchases and then make a quick killing with sales items and then disappear.

Luckily there are not so many of them around.

I don't think she will make a killing with the random selection of items she is selling, a pair of shoes, child's coat and a couple of electrical items.

Could I tell that from your original post? Sorry, but not a mind reader and don't use a crystal ball. I work on facts, not guessing games.

RAB

This is essential. If you don't get a response and warn them they have a day or so, and still don't come back, put in a dispute.

It's not an attack and can be resolved satisfactorily.

I opened a case on Saturday. Still nothing. Will get escalated on Monday, then hopefully will get a refund.

You can't tick the negative response anymore, it doesn't even exist. So the verbal feedback is the only way.

Frisbee

yes you can - as a buyer. NOT as a seller though.

it does present you with this message though:
"Before you leave this Feedback, please contact your seller to see if anything else can be done to make your experience positive. Sellers want you to be happy, and so do we."

I got tricked by a Chinese company, promised to send a replacement four times by which time I was time barred from complaining to EBay.

Now, if I use it, zero tolerance before they get the bad news.

The system on the bay seems to have changed over the last month or so. If you try and communicate with the seller you end up creating a case for resolution anyway.

You can open a dispute with pay pal too, there are a lot of bad eggs on ebay buyers and sellers who try it on, some one said they never received their item but left me positive feed back saying item as described good seller !!! I don't bother buying or selling on ebay i use Amazon now and never had any problem.

The system on the bay seems to have changed over the last month or so. If you try and communicate with the seller you end up creating a case for resolution anyway.

Not quite..

Its not a very good system they have.. It looks as if you are sending a message to the seller saying you havent got your item, but then as you say it goes to an ebay complaint.
If you just want to ask the seller when they posted etc, you need to tick the "Other" box at the botton of the list.

Main thing here is that if they cant supply a tracking number then you are already across the finishing line, because ebay will refund your money.

I have people buy stuff on a Friday night and them complain on Tuesday that they havent got it... Saturday/Sunday are not working days and therefore I am not obliged to post the item until the Tuesday but it will normally be posted on the Monday.

Latest posts

Back