Latest news w-d f-m neucs

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

johna

House Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
HURRAH !!! JUST GOT A DELIVERY OF A PALLET LOAD OF WILLIAMS NEUC BOXES.
William has come good at last and I have just had 12 EXCELLENT neuc boxes dropped at my door.They are the ones supplied to him by PAYNES ( take note OLIVER 90 OWNER ) very dense foam and of excellent quality.He very kindly supplied the two extra ,at no extra cost, for our beginners apiary which we are currently setting up.THANK YOU VERY MUCH WILLIAM. :cheers2: :cheers2:

HURRAH !!! JUST GOT A DELIVERY OF A PALLET LOAD OF WILLIAMS NEUC BOXES.
William has come good at last and I have just had 12 EXCELLENT neuc boxes dropped at my door.They are the ones supplied to him by PAYNES ( take note OLIVER 90 OWNER ) very dense foam and of excellent quality.He very kindly supplied the two extra ,at no extra cost, for our beginners apiary which we are currently setting up.THANK YOU VERY MUCH WILLIAM. :cheers2: :cheers2:

Hope this is going to be removed as it is clearly advertising????

Hope this is going to be removed as it is clearly advertising????

I don't see it as advertising, he is mearly relaying his opinion on the Nuc's. There has been alot of bad feeling about the whole missing/delayed orders from WF, so it is good to finally see a positive outcome.

If you were only allowed to write negative reports on companies it would create a rather biased forum and skew peoples opinions, if he had still been unhappy with the Nucs once they had arrived i'm sure he would have said as such.

Now if it had been or is William posting the opening post then yes i agree with you it would be advertising, but i see it as informing us all that maybe the company is sorting itself out,

C B

I don't see it as advertising, he is mearly relaying his opinion on the Nuc's. There has been alot of bad feeling about the whole missing/delayed orders from WF, so it is good to finally see a positive outcome.

If you were only allowed to write negative reports on companies it would create a rather biased forum and skew peoples opinions, if he had still been unhappy with the Nucs once they had arrived i'm sure he would have said as such.

Now if it had been or is William posting the opening post then yes i agree with you it would be advertising, but i see it as informing us all that maybe the company is sorting itself out,

C B
My letter from WPF was removed as it mentions both WPF and Pxxxnes there should not be one rule for one and another just because someone wants to put a positive spin on his Nucs.

If you would care to read the previous thread I clearly said I was happy with the compromise product recieved but not the communication from WPF.
So why was a new thread started, this is clearly an attempt to hijack a thread and put a different spin on the subject and stinks!

( take note OLIVER 90 OWNER )

I really could not care a jot.

Just still a shame you continue to make snotty inflammatory comments, like the above, and continue to be the argumentative one. To me the WPF nucs are still invisible - NO NOT INVISIBLE, ACTUALLY NON-EXISTANT. So you didn't get the ones you ordered. Good for you.

When will it actually get through your skull that I did not say anything about the density or the quality of those non-existant WPF nucs? Given time it might get through, but somehow, I doubt it very much.

( take note OLIVER 90 OWNER )

I really could not care a jot.

Just still a shame you continue to make snotty inflammatory comments, like the above, and continue to be the argumentative one. To me the WPF nucs are still invisible - NO NOT INVISIBLE, ACTUALLY NON-EXISTANT. So you didn't get the ones you ordered. Good for you.

When will it actually get through your skull that I did not say anything about the density or the quality of those non-existant WPF nucs? Given time it might get through, but somehow, I doubt it very much.

Think it was Poly who mentioned density and agree that dispite the spin the product advertised never exisited and probably never will. Yep and I was daft enough to give the fella some money in advance, once bitten etc etc!
S

Stiffy,

What is more, if people had taken advantage of the pre-delivery offer from Paynes, they would be quids in.

Was it £23 inclusive of VAT, if ordered before stocks were available for immediate delivery? May have been less for multiples, but I cannot remember.

Hope he's not charging 30 quid after what he said about it? (do I recall his e-mail claimed the P****s version was an inferior product?)

Regards, RAB

Well the order i made with WF is still invisible
and if he sends me a P***es nuc i will not be a happy bunny
as i bought a full pallet from pF and got them and only paid £23 each for them

Will WF ever have there so called better nuc or just buy from PF for a lower price and charge £30 each?
If you go to WF website there still selling there super duper nuc for £30 plus P&P that is invisible to this date and can not be supplied and anyone that buys one will not get what they have paid for!

Well the order i made with WF is still invisible
and if he sends me a P***es nuc i will not be a happy bunny
as i bought a full pallet from pF and got them and only paid £23 each for them

Will WF ever have there so called better nuc or just buy from PF for a lower price and charge £30 each?
If you go to WF website there still selling there super duper nuc for £30 plus P&P that is invisible to this date and can not be supplied and anyone that buys one will not get what they have paid for!

I have to agree

its good news that you got your orders but it's not what you paid for!

Blinded by the lights?

Im going to start selling solid gold nucs just a mere £300 each
the come with a built in mini bar for the girls to hang out in a full air con solid silver frames with state of the art self building wax comb .
If i have a problem with the bullion market i will send you an old cardboard box with a letter telling you there not as good as our gold ones but there not made yet make do with this and if i ever get round to making the you can buy again and i will knock you six quid off.

Not at all blinded by the light and Stiffy not advertising.I AM ALLOWED however to express MY opinion on what I have received and say what I think of its quality.As for you o90o I see we've decended into personal rudeness again.Perhaps you should get a few things THROUGH YOUR OWN SKULL - that's assuming there's a receptor there!.I think you are fast becoming blinded by you own brilliance!!.Perhaps theres a place for you on the cast of "Grumpy Old Men"

April over wintered B S National 6 Frame Nuc Colonie
Price = £ 210.00
Vat (%) = 0
Price Inclusive of Vat = £ 210.00​
Deposite (50.00 %) = £ 105
This one of our over wintered 5 frame Nucleus colonies shipped in one of our unique polystyrene nuc hives on B S National hoffman frames (self spacing) with a marked Carniolan queen, brood, eggs, and food, covered in bees, ready for work. This Price is £210.00 they will be ready for collection from the 18th April ready to make you plenty of honey. To secure your Bees you must pay a Deposit of £105.00 the balance will be required on collection or on dispatch if you need delivery.

Polystyrene BS National Nuc Hive
Price = £ 25.00
Vat (%) = 20
Price Inclusive of Vat = £ 30.00

As Some Ask - clarification of a couple of points?

Price = £ 210.00
Vat (%) = 0
This one of our over wintered 5 frame Nucleus colonies shipped in one of our unique polystyrene nuc hives on B S National hoffman frames (self spacing) with a marked Carniolan queen, brood, eggs, and food, covered in bees, ready for work. This Price is £210.00 they will be ready for collection from the 18th April ready to make you plenty of honey. To secure your Bees you must pay a Deposit of £105.00 the balance will be required on collection or on dispatch if you need delivery.

Price = £ 25.00
Vat (%) = 20

Our unique - I think not if it is marked Paynes as has been stated, I believe.
Is this dishonest, or merely misleading?

How come an item that attracts 20% VAT can be included with a colony of bees and be VAT zero rated? I appreciate that the bees themselves do not apparently attract VAT.

The VAT man will still want his cut. If two pounds of spuds makes four portions, then that's what he will be after, surely, uninterested that your kid stuck smiles, ears and eyes in them before including them in a football match prior to going into the dustbin. ( Hombre anology :biggrinjester: )

Last edited:
Price = £ 210.00
Vat (%) = 0

Price = £ 25.00
Vat (%) = 20

How come an item that attracts 20% VAT can be included with a colony of bees and be VAT zero rated? I appreciate that the bees themselves do not apparently attract VAT.

The VAT man will still want his cut. If two pounds of spuds makes four portions, then that's what he will be after, surely, uninterested that your kid stuck smiles, ears and eyes in them before including them in a football match prior to going into the dustbin. ( Hombre anology :biggrinjester: )

I take it that this is a WPF one as I have bought one from P****s for nowhere near that amount....

Ben P

Price = £ 210.00
Vat (%) = 0

Price = £ 25.00
Vat (%) = 20

I think that you may (not 100% sure) find this is covered the same way as honey is covered for VAT.

I.E. When you purchase jars, lids and labels , they attract vat at the current rate, yet when you fill them with honey and sell them as a package, they are zero rate.

I think spuds are also zero rate as well.

I think that you may (not 100% sure) find this is covered the same way as honey is covered for VAT.

I.E. When you purchase jars, lids and labels , they attract vat at the current rate, yet when you fill them with honey and sell them as a package, they are zero rate.

I think spuds are also zero rate as well.

Doesn't seem correct to me somehow .
Vat is collected by a business on behalf of the Gov ?
If a business pays vat on an item ,sells it on without adding said vat, the business has effectively stood the amount out of its profit margin?

John Wilkinson

victor - when was the last time tesco charged you VAT on food packaging? however they will have paid VAT to buy any for own brand goods and other manufacturers will also have done so.

What are these Nuc things?

Unless the 'nuc' as they describe it is a carefully designed essential transport and packaging item that the venddor is using to ensure the purchased product is received in prime condition but, as the customer, you are not paying for and hence does have an attributed value upon which to charge VAT; but like a lot of good packaging can have a useful after market application ..... ;)

Doesn't seem correct to me somehow .
Vat is collected by a business on behalf of the Gov ?
If a business pays vat on an item ,sells it on without adding said vat, the business has effectively stood the amount out of its profit margin?

John Wilkinson

It makes no difference because a business reclaims the VAT it has paid.

Last edited:
Back