Late delivery of Mann Lake order

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
From past experience this is actually a fair probability.
Only needs there to be something like pollen supplement patties in the shipment for questions to be asked and paper trails needing to be fulfilled.

But it wouldn't be port health, rather Border force as it's now called - it might then be referred on to port health, but only if there was a matter of concern. If it has been flagged for animal health reasons, I would definitely be asking the question why as there is no such thing as random selection nowadays unless there's a history of misdescription or such like.
As i said, what concerns me is the wording - if you've hd notice then you would at least get that right.

Now that is definitely a load of made up flannel no such thing as 'port customs' .

So we don't have any customs officers ever in ports? How can you state that it's flannel when you don't know the facts?

So we don't have any customs officers ever in ports? How can you state that it's flannel when you don't know the facts?

No such thing as a customs officer nowadays, never been such an entity as 'port customs' haven't worked containerised cargo for a few years now but i'm fairly familiar with the selection process and examination routings. All I'm saying is the statement doesn't ring true.

I had the same email regarding late delivery a couple of days ago. At least M L do let us know its going to be late. They have apologised which is more than most companies do.

Mike

At least M L do let us know its going to be late. They have apologised which is more than most companies do.

Mike

Too true - nothing worse than not knowing or being fobbed off with a bunch of excuses all the time. Things do get held up for customs examination occasionally - one of the issues with importing stuff especially containerised freight - as it was probably classed as groupage, sometimes means the whole lot cn be held up due to just one or two items coming under the spotlight.

Ordered Monday, arrived this morning.

And got another free half kilo of Ultra Bee pollen substitute!

And got another free half kilo of Ultra Bee pollen substitute!

Like the old American big business trick of giving away free formula milk to South American nursing mothers - get em hooked then when they come back begging for more - start charging :D

Another lot of Mann lake products ordered Wednesday on line and 3 large boxes arrived today.

I still got the free pollen patties, even though I buy them in bulk anyway - pollen patties get our bees building up well, where as without them we have 50+ years of knowing they don't expand as well where we live.

JBM - Its nice of you to stick with your traditional suppliers whom I'm sure have given you back that little extra when you have spent your well earned money with them for so long.

I do like it when any company you buy from gives you just that little extra and also every now and again something for free, no matter what it is. I learned many years ago from the American's that service, good product and branding help's you grow your market share. We do this same marketing strategy as Mann lake regularly with my main business and it works very well as 25 years in business in a small market where we've out lived all the big boys and all our competitors proves it works, so I don't think anyone can't knock Mann Lake for being proactive and wanting to grow their market share in an already small market, by giving their customers what they want, and a little something for free every once in a while - Tesco's, Morrisons and even the Co-op gives free bits away to gain that extra market share, why dont the other Bee equipment houses I wonder?

I'm off to order more stuff on line but from Abelo this time as we have used their frames for a while and they are really good quality, super value, even more so with their sale on them. I ordered from them last week and it arrived next day.

Andy

Sorry got to say my bit
Mann lake and there port customs, I feel they have used this word out of the norm as port customs is on the American side and Custom Clearance is on our side of the water and so is the port health authority and customs & excise
We bring goods in from the U.S.A and if something gets pounced upon it is usually customs, it is totally random or if a regular importer if there is something out of the norm.
If they have held onto a 40 foot container, it has to be moved to a secure containment and once the paperwork is done to authorize opening, it is emptied whilst being checked and cross checked with the shipping documents and if everything is fine re loaded and secured, release documentation filled in and filed and then released.
having a container held is not good it is costly, thats 21 pallets of stock doing nothing

Port health authority would only hold a shipment if the goods are from a non EU country, contains Feed stuffs or food, the shipment is then moved to a European commission authorized inspection facility

it must have next months free patties in it :)

Last edited:
Back