• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Beekeeping Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Langstroth Colonies

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crazy_bull

Field Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
Just testing the water a friend who is downsizing his beekeeping is looking to sell 10 - 12 huge colonies of bee's most on 3 deep boxes some on 4, would anyone be interested, he is only selling the bee's on frames so you'd need to bring your own boxes.

If there isn't any demand he will look at converting them to nationals and selling them that way.

C B

How Much for the lot?

How Much for the lot?

Well I wouldn't want the lot.... but how much per colony?

And could you elaborate on 3 or 4 deep boxes - Is that a single brood box plus a super (albeit large sized) or 2 of honey (or empty frames).

Cheers

If he is downsizing then how come he isnt selling them complete?

Maybe done to many splits and needs the boxes for next yr.

He wants to retain the option of expanding again if/when his main job calms down, hence keeping the boxes

He is wanting £200 per unit, i have not seen them recently but if the colonies are the same as they were last year you would easily be able to simply split them in half immediatley and get 2 colonies out of one and they would still be a fair size.

I think the best thing to do is if anyone is interested send me a PM with your contact details and i'll pass them on to him.

I am away from tomorrow until monday evening so bear with me:willy_nilly:

C B

Back