Labels - so how can this possibly be legal?

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As the main thrust of the thread was companies selling alcoholic drinks with a honey connection I assumed (I know, assumprion is the brother of all fcuk ups)
At least one of these companies

was referring to one of these, as sugarpuffs would have established a source years ago

Murray makes no mention of alcohol in that quote.

Maybe not, but the correct inference was taken. It is honey bought in in bulk (and homogenised btw for a consistent product) and used as a flavouring in an alcoholic beverage. I am not at liberty to name any specific link in the chain. 50 tonnes is, in reality, not a massive amount. None of it is mines as far as I know.

The 54 tonnes I have provided samples for is specifically heather honey. I doubt it will happen as competitors have already taken the market.

There are other significant supply deals going on, everything from ham glazes to pate ingredients, all using UK honey.

Far more honey uses in products are using imported product.

The amount of honey used in these things is small so its a minor ingredient, and they pay a decent price (those using UK product).

The need for every batch to be identical discriminates against small suppliers , as of necessity it has to come from someone who CAN give the tonnage all pretty well the same, hence it gets bought in by an intermediary and blended for consistency.

Someone else mentioned sugar puffs. They have almost always used imported product. I do not know where they are currently getting it, but it has been primarily Chinese for long periods.

Many of these manufacturers use grades of honey not normally used for packing.

This is were we are going

Oxford English dictionary

honey
Pronunciation: /ˈhʌni

/
Definition of honey in English:
noun (plural honeys)
1 [mass noun] Any sweetened foodstuff or beverage :A beverage called Fred Bloggs Honey
1.2 [mass noun] A sweet, sticky yellowish-brown fluid made by bees and other insects from nectar collected from flowers.
1.2A yellowish-brown or golden colour: [as modifier]: her honey skin
1.3 Any sweet substance similar to bees' honey.
2 informal An excellent example of something: it’s one honey of an adaptation
2.1An attractive girl: she’s a little honey

These are the current definitions :

Definition of honey in English:
noun (plural honeys)
1 [mass noun] A sweet, sticky yellowish-brown fluid made by bees and other insects from nectar collected from flowers.
1.1A yellowish-brown or golden colour: [as modifier]: her honey skin

1.2Any sweet substance similar to bees' honey.
2 informal An excellent example of something: it’s one honey of an adaptation

2.1An attractive girl:

Last edited:
And why are people getting their undercrackers in such a twist about it ?[/QUOTE

Because it's too damn cold to go and look at the bees .... Post Xmas, done what I have to to, too soon to do anything else time of the year - very stressful for some !

Back