Label software.

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Newbeeneil

Queen Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
40 plus 23 that I maintain for clients.
I'm sure this had been aired before but I couldn't find a previous thread.

Last year I bought labels from a company called Labels Online which supplied the software for design and printing but you have to keep renewing a subscription for the privilege of redesigning each new label.

Does anyone have any recommendations of free software for this purpose?

Cheers

Try downloading irfanview. Great software - and it's free.

Personally, I find home printed labels to look cheap.

Better in my view to bite the bullet and get them made professionally and give your product that lift to a higher level.

Is not Irfanview for photos?

PH

Avery label software

Avery have free software on their website which works very well with their labels (may well work with other labels). Easy to design your own labels with pictures if required. If you don't want to sell commercial quantities of honey, it is easy to run off labels for each batch of honey bottled and put in use by date and/or batch number as needed.

Avery Dennison designPro 5.5 or whatever the newest version is now and a laser printer (essential if you want water resistant printing).
Can't tell the difference between ones you make your self and those you buy. Cost per label including consumables and paper labels is less then 2p per label. Easy to see where the label companies are making their money.
Among the many advantages is customisation at will, plus you can change lot numbers and sell by dates as required. Down side it can be a bit tricky to get the set up correct to match your printer with the labels (although that might simply have been my printer), but once done your in business.

Totally agree with beefriendly. The free Avery software does a perfectly good job, but I used MS publisher for a slightly more polished finish. No problems with the printer as long as the labels are stacked in the feed tray accurately. My own labels comply with all the regs, which are easy to understand. I produce tailor made labels for each batch of honey I process .
Initially I produced several different designs, and Just asked the customers, which they thought was the best, and have stuck with that one.

Just seen you are Sussex.. CHEC in Chailey, West Sussex (A local Charity, off shoot of Chailey Heritage))-- very good designers , plus you will be supporting a company that employs disabled people. They did my labels with my own design on and just as good as beelabels company I recommended before.

Thanks for all the suggestions, I'm sure I'll try a few before the season starts.

I bought a cheap Ricoh monochrome laser last year (£24) which produced brilliant labels on yellow for the individual batches I had.

I'm not looking for industrial size outputs so I'm happy to print my own.

Thanks again.

I agree with the sticky idea.... that's where I looked originally.

Heather, I know Chailey, but it's right over the other side of Sussex.... I'm Sussex, Surrey, Hants border.

Be helpful if those buying ready made labels gave the price they pay per label

Latest posts

Back