Killer Bees of Africa - BBC 2 - on now 15:15 - 16:15

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pargyle

Super Moderator
Staff member
BeeKeeping Supporter
Reaction score
Hive Type
14x12
Number of Hives
Some extraordinary in-hive film of queens emerging and the ensuing fight to the death - worth a look if you have I-player.

It's in Kenya so they will be Scutellata I would think,

Even more extraordinary film of the bees seeing off the elephants ....

Super photography. Engrossing

Some extraordinary in-hive film of queens emerging and the ensuing fight to the death - worth a look if you have I-player.

I have seen the film, I think.

Funny thing was that even if the hive hanging on the elephant fence, the queen in the tiny hive box made 2000 eggs in one day.

There are often Hollywood hype in those documents, that it is interesting to look.

That's the one. Just watching it now. Great in-hive footage! (Obviously not shot in the acacia tree they focus on).
They show a swarm, but imply that this is an absconding in response to a human taking a large portion of their stores.

They show a swarm, but imply that this is an absconding in response to a human taking a large portion of their stores.
Adansonii are like that, they tend to abscond to a better location in drought etc and move with the forage, and if they are badly disturbed, that's why top bar beekeeping suits them as inspections are less frequent

caught

Caught up with this this evening havent seen before but really enjoyed the bee footage... so thank you :)seen a lot about bees and elephants
found this too which was a bit of fun ...www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/m000ly3g/call-that-hard-work-series-1-episode-2 starts at 27:30 🙂🐝🐝

Back