Keeping jarred honey at tempreture

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EdNewman

House Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
14x12
Number of Hives
Hi all, I have 60 jars of honey for an order that has asked for delivery to be delayed for two months. I want to minimise any chance of the honey crystallising before it goes out, so can I keep jarred honey in the warming cabinet for an extended period at a raised temperature? If so, what temp is ok and for how long?

Cheers,
Ed.

Not sure I'd bother with the expense of heating it for that long!

I was thinking the expense of heating the cabinet would be less than the loss of not being able to sell 60 jars of rock solid honey?

e.

It will crystallize however. You should treat it to soft set.

Keep heating two months! It does not make good to quality of honey.

Hi all, I have 60 jars of honey for an order that has asked for delivery to be delayed for two months. I want to minimise any chance of the honey crystallising before it goes out, so can I keep jarred honey in the warming cabinet for an extended period at a raised temperature? If so, what temp is ok and for how long?

Cheers,
Ed.

I don't know about anyone else but we are struggling to keep up with sales of honey?
If it was me, I would sell now and send a fresh batch when requested, should with your 5 hives have some ready after the summer flow has finished approx 2 months time.
S

I wonder what the HMF levels will be after two months of being kept warm (at what temperature?)

Latest posts

Back