It's swarm but it's not warm!

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mmmmm - yep I got called out twice yesterday, exhausting. Taking my name off the list next year, can't cope any more. We only take the really easy swarms - but even they are causing probs now...

Is this the result of the firm with a 'Q' not inspecting regularly?

Tell me, is there a charge out rate for collecting swarms and if so, what is it. Does it apply even if you keep the bees as part of your own hives?

Basically - No. Some may ask for travelling expenses, but most do not ...in fact many give a jar of honey as a thank-you...

just been looking at my grandfather old beekeeping book by EH Taylor of Welwyn Bees for Beginners 1948 price 2/6

it says

Bees usually swarm for two or three weeks in spring when......

so that for me started on April 14th and went on until the 5th May.....can you kindly tell my bees that they have got it wrong for the last 8 weeks and should not be swarming

I've got a similar booklet for beginners by Taylors of Welwyn. It states that beekeeping is not time time consuming and only takes 10 minutes a week per hive and only between April and August! Have bees changed or am I doing it wrong?

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back