Is this disease ?

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SS_Smith

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
Expecting to do an extraction in a week or two after checking today.

When looking through the frames I found some dead lavae and black packing on a couple of the cells. I moved some of the frames in my two supers on the hive so they would all hopefully get drawn out a week ago. There were not many bees in the top super (https://beekeepingforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=42504). I'm unsure if I have a disease problem or simply not all of the lavae could be cared for etc.

Other than a couple of cells the rest looks normal. As always the close up photos are a bit of a pain but try seem visible.

IMG_20180707_185838393.jpg

IMG_20180707_185844311.jpg

IMG_20180707_185902700.jpg

IMG_20180707_185908544.jpg

IMG_20180707_185923076.jpg

Expecting to do an extraction in a week or two after checking today.

When looking through the frames I found some dead lavae and black packing on a couple of the cells. I moved some of the frames in my two supers on the hive so they would all hopefully get drawn out a week ago. There were not many bees in the top super (https://beekeepingforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=42504). I'm unsure if I have a disease problem or simply not all of the lavae could be cared for etc.

Other than a couple of cells the rest looks normal. As always the close up photos are a bit of a pain but try seem visible.

View attachment 15798

View attachment 15799

View attachment 15800

View attachment 15801

View attachment 15802
Looks like good brood capping and bits of pollen to me.

Looks they're also backfilling the brood area with nectar, which they do when there's a big flow on, or when they don't have enough room in the supers.

Looks they're also backfilling the brood area with nectar, which they do when there's a big flow on, or when they don't have enough room in the supers.

:iagree:

I always found the light reflections in the honey confusing in photos. Really nice brood pattern. A few cells of bald brood, but that's nothing to worry about.

Latest posts

Back