Interesting development in the battle against Zika virus

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hasn't seemed to stop them trying though - results for all insects must be catastrophic - and what it does to human's who get in the way goodness only knows !! Madness ....

well, that's the American psyche for you - blast everything in the way.
Look at history - the Japanese were on the ropes, they knew the end was in sight - aaaa sod it - let's drop the bomb anyway!

Look at history - the Japanese were on the ropes, they knew the end was in sight - aaaa sod it - let's drop the bomb anyway!

Thereby destroying the possibility of cheap and clean nuclear fuel ( and the research to provide it safely) in a couple of relatively minor ( nuclear bombwise) and excessively world threatening bangs!....
Pity they picked Uranium...:calmdown:

I blame the Yanks for our beautiful countryside now being spoiled with all these ugly and useless windmills and solar parks

I did hear that they had also genetically modified the Zika Virus to mess up the Olympic games ... or was that the Russians?

Nos da

Lets hope we do not follow suit just for the hell of it, after all we are slowly becoming an Americanized country. :puke:

Typical Yanks! :patriot:

They did this in 91, 1st gulf war syndrome was a result! :banghead:

All those who suffered GWS were attached to rear echelon bases at sometime. The Yanks, terrified of Scorpions / Cammell-spiders and the like used to saturate the air with something similar to the thing in your photo, (they called it swing-fog) I'm sure that given time, it killed more than the local insect population as it is doing now 25 years later.

same as the anti malarials the troops were forced to take - causes depression and other mental problems

I looked at Larium during my perambulations in Africa and quite frankly, ease of use notwithstanding...once weekly...the side effects were terrifying.

I looked at Larium during my perambulations in Africa and quite frankly, ease of use notwithstanding...once weekly...the side effects were terrifying.

:iagree:

that's why I decided to go down the more traditional tried and tested route - tasted horrible so I had to water it down with gin to make it palatable :D

:iagree:

that's why I decided to go down the more traditional tried and tested route - tasted horrible so I had to water it down with gin to make it palatable :D

and the red stuff of legend still bears my family name!

Of course there are other anti malarials available... other than Larium.
Nos da

I was offered Larium in the mid 80's when I was working in Africa ... it was the new miracle kid on the anti-malarial block and the trop med boys were raving about it ... in the end I stuck to the old standards Paludrine and Chloroquine ... rather glad I did. Mind you - some of the other stuff they shoved into me had some side effects that lasted years ...

I do occasionally wonder what really is good for you ?

Latest posts

Back