Insurance cover when selling small quantities of honey via third parties?

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Grif

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Wondering if I should have extra Insurance cover if I sell small quantities of honey via third parties? Currently all I have is the standard insurance you get with BBKA membership.

By third parties do you mean you sell direct to someone who then sells it on to a third party, eg you sell to a local shop (2nd party) who then sells it on to customers (3rd party). If this is what you mean you are covered with BBKA insurnace but requires labeling to meet legal standards.

By third parties do you mean you sell direct to someone who then sells it on to a third party, eg you sell to a local shop (2nd party) who then sells it on to customers (3rd party). If this is what you mean you are covered with BBKA insurnace but requires labeling to meet legal standards.

Yep, I mean If I sell to a shop that then sells it on

:thanks:

Yep, I mean If I sell to a shop that then sells it on

Unless I have badly misunderstood the BBKA insurance policy you are fine. But always worth emailing them ( their insurers) for confirmation. Their contact details will be somewhere on the new BBKA web site.

Unless I have badly misunderstood the BBKA insurance policy you are fine. But always worth emailing them ( their insurers) for confirmation. Their contact details will be somewhere on the new BBKA web site.

Latest posts

Back