Insect on my Evodia tree

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gilberdyke John

Queen Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
14x12
Number of Hives
I noticed a few of these have appeared after the flowers have set.

Attachments

• 20230922_104346.jpg
    20230922_104346.jpg
    219 KB · Views: 0
My Seek App could only get to the Genus - Palomena.

Edit, from looking online it would appear to be Palomena Prasina - Green sheild bug.

Not lovely.. Menace to garden or to say to all the plants, I kill it on spot.. Especially now, when they are coming near houses for overwintering. They are destroying our tomatoes and peppers.. We call it one of " stink bugs", now they are crawling into houses and when touched stink awfully..

Not lovely.. Menace to garden or to say to all the plants, I kill it on spot.. Especially now, when they are coming near houses for overwintering. They are destroying our tomatoes and peppers.. We call it one of " stink bugs", now they are crawling into houses and when touched stink awfully..
I don’t think we have enough of them here in Wales to be unlovely

I don’t think we have enough of them here in Wales to be unlovely
We have zillions of them.. They now ( I mean these days in September and October) also attack apples in orchards and some farmers in desperation spray with insecticides even they jeopardize to have apples with pesticides over limits.. If they don't do that they will have all the apples with light dots on fruit surface. While this insect pierce through fruit skin and start to suck it also throw into fruit some of its poisonous liquid which can affect human health also. So, feel blessed to don't have many of them, but I believe it won't last long. Here is balance in nature heavily off the course ( due to climate changes and direct human activities driven by pure greed), so we have zillion of new insects, plant diseases, etc.. that we don't know how to cope with..

Last edited:
We have had stink bugs on our raspberries this year. Not keen on them.

Latest posts

Back