I took a break...

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
10-20 depending
...of two winters and a season following a particularly bruising exchange. Probably my fault and I've learnt to be careful how far I put my neck out.

I've been back a week and I've already seen a few posts (including one closed thread) to make me think of taking another break. Please let's play nice.

Why not find a FB group as they tend to be gentler?

PH

...of two winters and a season following a particularly bruising exchange. Probably my fault and I've learnt to be careful how far I put my neck out.

I've been back a week and I've already seen a few posts (including one closed thread) to make me think of taking another break. Please let's play nice.

I always assume in life approx. 95% of people are pleasant and 5% range from simply unpleasant and/or rude to psychopathic to insane. I tend to ignore the latter group and don't let worry me. You meet them in all walks of life # and have to deal with them occasionally..

# see this forum and politics as examples.

Don't let it worry you.
(I think people who are always unpleasant are unloved,know it and are proud of it)

There is a difference between brusqueness and unpleasantness- some posters live busy lives and cannot spend time crafting a carefully worded response.

One of the gollybookytrolls has changed his name afrer being banned twice so be careful ...

Not me... my nomedeploombs are well documented and much laughed about!

:ot:

Hi Trying :)

I will never say anything deliberately disparaging. Nor will I leave if people are "horrid" to me, I will just go on being constructive and positive, learning what I can and helping others if I can.

So you being on here is very helpful to me :)

BUT if someone keeps offending you, I am also supportive of any choice you make (to leave again for instance) :)

Good to have you back :)

If you find individuals being unpleasant there is the option of the "ignore button" which is on your "User CP" which is on the upper left of the screen.

Then from the menus on the left of the new screen 3d heading down "Settings and Options" and bottom of that group is "Edit Ignore List"

Pretty straightforward to use.

PH

Last edited:
Nice to see you back TTLTB.

When a thread degenerates into male posturing and club waving, I just stop reading and don't go back to it. The thread is never dragged back to the original topic, so a waste of time to continue.

I find plenty of threads without any aggressive content that are of interest to me.

This forum is not, after all, the be all and end all of beekeeping.

Back