Honey with lemon and ginger

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

polomadh

House Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
14x12
Number of Hives
Besides conforming to the ever multiplying plethora of regulations, not forgetting investment costs with a "clean" kitchen, TS inspected weighing machines, jar washing equipment... the list goes on..... selling price you would have to charge to break even would probably kill it!

Going a little off topic...
Honey alone is regarded as low risk but as soon as you bring "soils" into the kitchen things start to get more difficult....dairy, meat ,fish and poultry even worse our local pastie maker says the inspector is there so often they even have a peg set aside for his white coat!

Make it for your friends!

Yeghes da

I know what you mean, I hate faff, so I can't imagine me doing this in large quantities to be honest... unless I can really ramp up the price to make it worth while!

To be honest this is just an infusion of lemon and ginger sweetened with honey, isn't it? Can't you just make a pot when you're feeling low, and tell your friends to do likewise?

Besides conforming to the ever multiplying plethora of regulations, not forgetting investment costs with a "clean" kitchen, TS inspected weighing machines, jar washing equipment... the list goes on..... selling price you would have to charge to break even would probably kill it!

Going a little off topic...
Honey alone is regarded as low risk but as soon as you bring "soils" into the kitchen things start to get more difficult....dairy, meat ,fish and poultry even worse our local pastie maker says the inspector is there so often they even have a peg set aside for his white coat!

Make it for your friends!

Yeghes da

all that should all ready be in use with honey selling, I do honey and mint, honey lemon, honey ginger etc some are good sellers some are just made as and when asked for

Last edited:
Just sell the honey with the recipe. We did that at a farmer's market. Had tasters of honey cake and honey biscuits for free and then sold the recipes together with a jar of honey or the recipe on its own for 50p. Much easier!

no they don't , they come under craft fair jams and Jerusalem rules, walnuts in honey goes down well, I let people know what I can do and tell them I have to make them up for them that way I only make small batches at a time.
its not for people who haven't the time to make small batches, as I have all separate pans for each product so they don't taint the honey.

Just sell the honey with the recipe. We did that at a farmer's market. Had tasters of honey cake and honey biscuits for free and then sold the recipes together with a jar of honey or the recipe on its own for 50p. Much easier!

Brilliant idea!

We sell "Bakers" honey to the cake lady ( Lissie YEO!!!) who often has a stand next to us at the food fairs here in Sunny Cornwall... Her Cornish Honey Lemon drizzell cake is fantastic.. bet the recipe is a family secrete!!

Yeghes da

Brilliant idea!

We sell "Bakers" honey to the cake lady ( Lissie YEO!!!) who often has a stand next to us at the food fairs here in Sunny Cornwall... Her Cornish Honey Lemon drizzell cake is fantastic.. bet the recipe is a family secrete!!

Yeghes da

I have a lot of family recipe's from down there, have just looked thru them but no honey drizzle cake , probably mine are too old and only family recipe's not from anywhere else, honey drizzle is probably newer cake.

Back