Honey Spinner/Extractor

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
Hi All

HAs annyone got a recommend for a good honey extractor? there seems to be quite a few different examples on ebay, i only have 2 hives atm so we are not talking factory production ;)

Thanks

JD

If you are a member of your local BBKA branch the chances are that they have an extractor that you could borrow/ hire. With 2 colonies it's not worth buying a new one yet.

We found a used 9 frame electric via our local smallholders group mag. for a good price.

Talk to your local branch they may have one you can borrow/ hire and there may be someone who is selling an extractor as no longer needed.

Tim

If there are several beekeepers around you then club together and get a good one. A few rules about useage and you will all benefit!
E

If you are a member of your local BBKA branch the chances are that they have an extractor that you could borrow/ hire.

this has to be one of the stupidest thing I get to hear within beekeeping its up there with " I want buckfasts as they don't sting" or carni beeks are great

first up, if you find a club to join, that's not full of arrogant beeks like mine
or, are soooooo clicky that you will never ever fit in

the next issue is that when you want it, its because theres a flow on, SO DOES EVERYONE ELSE!!!!!

why does no one every say that, or why does no one every realise this???

so your a beek with a small set of hives, ok try these ideas.
yes the whole club thing is a possibility I am sure to get a few of them aiming at me right now, lol

the other options are,
extract without an extractor, cut comb and or pressing are options

so you still think you would like an extractor ?

why does no one in the area form a little mates club where a few local beeks sort themselves out , there are two people who borrow mine when they need it, so try locals from the forum

still wanting to buy one

so we have small hand held as the starter ones, they can be nothing more than a plastic container and a frame inside and a hand handle on it, for someone with a few hives and is intelligent to think little and often they are fantastic and have a great place in life, if on the other hand you have the brain of a pea and decided that 5 supers per hive are needed and there for have 2000 frames of OSR filth to extract they are not up to the role

so whats next well after a two frame extractor you can go as many as you want, average is 9 frame extractor,
why 9 frames, because that's how many frames your supposed to have in a super

so new or second hand its up to you, at this time of year all the ones are on ebay with hundreds of idiots trying to buy them for the same money as a new one will cost.
try other spots for sale stuff instead

as for new, there are several firms that sell them in the uk, some are made here but most are brought in and then sold

so if they are buying them in why cant we, pretty well all of my beekeeping equipment is brought in from Europe , due to the ridiculous costs of bee keeping kit in the uk,

try using the "go ogle translate" on the word, honey and then try typing it into Gerrman fleabay, you will be surprised to find out that they are considerable cheaper in Italy as well and lots of them will delivery post to the uk

you also have shops ext in the uk, with specials and one off offers, theres all ways the one who says I found it in a shed and brought it for a quid etc, depends when you want it and how quickly

Welcome back Pete.
Agrinova import from Italy. When I bought mine 4 years ago their prices were brilliant compared with others. I bought stainless 9 frame, drill powered for £350.

Bought mine from Abelo. Really love it! Very nicely put together and very smooth running, also very easy to ckean. Customer service from them was excellent, they delivered it down from York to London in one of their people carriers, had a good chat to the guy who delivered it. I bought the 12 frame electric motor one btw.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

What's wrong with crush and strain with only two hives, renews wax cut coombe etc or try Pete's extractor

Sent from my C1905 using Tapatalk

I wouldn't 'Crush and Strain' even if I had just a nuc. We're not third world here, hobbies cost money, save up and get a hand cranked 2 or 3 frame extractor, or borrow from your local association or a beekeeping pal.

Latest posts

Back