Honey Bee Fayre and Auction - Yalding, Kent

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

malawi2854

House Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
14x12
Number of Hives
The Yalding and District Beekeepers’ Association proudly announces its first annual Honey Bee Fayre and Auction – due to be held on Sunday 13th May 2012, in Yalding, Kent.

An auction has been held on the site in Yalding for beekeepers for many years, but this is the first year we are extending the invitation to families, and anyone else who would like to come along and learn more about these fascinating insects!

There will be live bee demonstrations, where we open up real hives to show you their inner workings, and an observation hive where you can meet the queen up-close-and-personal! We’ll have lots of interesting information around too – we guarantee you’ll leave having learnt something!

There will be food and drink available throughout the day, a barbeque, ice cream van, face painting, and a raffle. Come and make your very own solitary bee house, or take home a great book all about bees – books available to suit all ages!
Lots of stalls too!

More information can be found on our event website, at: http://beefayre.yaldingbeekeepers.co.uk

Come along and visit us! Sunday 13th May 2012 – 10am to 4:30pm – Riverdale Field, Yalding, Kent, ME18 6ES.

Entry is completely free to anyone and everyone!

Great idea, well promoted, should do well. I will be there if SWMBO allows.

Looks good, as I'm on the Kent / Sussex border, it looks like I'll be there.

Thanks everyone for your support!

Changing the format of the day around is a bit of a risk, but we're really hoping it is going to pay off!

We're still open to new stallholders, if any of you know of anyone with anything interesting to sell - we have a few new products coming along on the day - but we're always open to more!

If anyone is interested in taking a stall, please let me know - PM on here is probably best.

Thanks! :D

Just a timely reminder that our Honey Bee Fayre and Auction is being held this Sunday 13th May - 10am to 4:30pm.

Auction starts at 2:30pm.

Bee there, or bee square! :biggrinjester:

Auction starts at 2:30pm.

Bee there, or bee square!
Or bee watching the footie...

Maybe not a lot of overlap with beekeepers but the last round of Premier League games could reduce attendance or attention.

Oh tut - I can't work events around every little sporting event!!! ;-) :sifone:

At least the weather looks promising now!

How soft is the 'going' after last night's downpour?

The field drains quite well - obviously at the moment it is a little bit "splodgy" - but we've got good bright weather forecast for the next few days - so hopefully it will have a chance to dry out a little.

The entrance to the field was rather bog-like, but I'm reliably informed that has just been radically improved to ensure access!

Oh tut - I can't work events around every little sporting event!!! ;-) :sifone:

At least the weather looks promising now!
Impossible to avoid all clashes. Good luck with the first event.

The field drains quite well - obviously at the moment it is a little bit "splodgy" - but we've got good bright weather forecast for the next few days - so hopefully it will have a chance to dry out a little.

The entrance to the field was rather bog-like, but I'm reliably informed that has just been radically improved to ensure access!

Good to know - I hope to be there, but while I have the wellies I don't have the 4x4!

Nope - no 4x4 here either...!

I'm sure we won't need it - a couple of days of nice warm sunshine will have it all nice and solid (ish)!

I went. Got a new Paynes poly hive 1/2 price - auction was a bit small but plenty of potential - lots of beginners and villagers - parking was absolutely fine, no 4x4 required - would defo go again next year!

R2

Back