Honesty Box set up

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have been selling from the gate for 3 years, only had one problem when I left a jar out for people to leave money in. Now people leave money in mail box, no honey stolen, but I'm not in a village, so fewer passing thieves and customers.

I'd like to try and sell some of my honey but my husband isn't keen on the idea of people traipsing around our property.

We've got a very 'posh' B n B in our village and I was thinking of approaching the owners to see if they'd be prepared to sell some for me. Room prices start at £100 a night so stumping up a few more quid for honey might be ok.

£5 for 12oz jar and £6 for 1lb jar ? What do other people charge?

I'd like to try and sell some of my honey but my husband isn't keen on the idea of people traipsing around our property.

We've got a very 'posh' B n B in our village and I was thinking of approaching the owners to see if they'd be prepared to sell some for me. Room prices start at £100 a night so stumping up a few more quid for honey might be ok.

That's what I charge.

I would approach them to offer them bulk at a lower price, to serve to their guests, but ask for the same price for jarred honey. They could add a couple of quid on top and get away with it.

And if you have a really large crop, you could label it with their name for a bit more.

Dusty

It sounds like a great scenario for some kind of home-made honey jar vending machine project. The kind of thing an engineering student could embark on as the new term starts soon.

It sounds like a great scenario for some kind of home-made honey jar vending machine project. The kind of thing an engineering student could embark on as the new term starts soon.

Are you offering to then? ;)

Buy a load of 2oz jars and they can give them for breakfast. We use my honey in our B and B and people love it! The jars are expensive though for the amount of honey so they may have to be sold at £1 each for you to make a good return! But hey..... Their own local honey! Got to be worth it! They can always give you the jars back for a refill to keep the costs down!
E

Better than the perrennial attempts at re-inventing the moveable frame beehive - again!

Latest posts

Back