Hive scales

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

deemann1

Field Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
20+ nucs
I am interested in buying one of those hive scales that permanently stays under the hive ,just for observation
I have found some online but the prices are crazy, any one on here got a good source for these scales ??

I am interested in buying one of those hive scales that permanently stays under the hive ,just for observation
I have found some online but the prices are crazy, any one on here got a good source for these scales ??

I think you mean something like this (https://www.arnia.co.uk/hive-scales/). I don't think they are still trading though. I sent them a message months ago (and a follow-up) and never got a reply

A set of the old fashioned Avery luggage scales would work well and for the nerd a wireless camera facing the scale?

PH

I got some queens off a man during the summer he has 50 colonies with the arnia type scales he tells me he gets no winter losses since he started using this teck , I think he is Hungarian, he had a strange method of varroa control too , he puts all the colonies into spinning mesh barrels in a room heated to 45 degrees I think for 3 minutes and it kills all the varroa interesting guy some .

I got some queens off a man during the summer he has 50 colonies with the arnia type scales he tells me he gets no winter losses since he started using this teck , I think he is Hungarian, he had a strange method of varroa control too , he puts all the colonies into spinning mesh barrels in a room heated to 45 degrees I think for 3 minutes and it kills all the varroa interesting guy some .

Did you believe him...:laughing-smiley-004:laughing-smiley-004:laughing-smiley-004

Originally Posted by deemann1 View Post
Did you believe him...

Does not our Snow pixie take all his colonies into the sauna for a quick bake at 45 degrees?

Nos da

"Does not our Snow pixie take all his colonies into the sauna for a quick bake at 45 degrees?"

no just the finnish ladies:party:

Back