Hi from the North West

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Melton

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
None
Hi Bee people,
Thought I would pop in and say hello.
My partner and I have been talking for some time now about beekeeping and thought this would be a perfect opportunity (lockdown) to start a little research and see where to go from here.
I'm slowly working my way through the forum and finding it a very interesting read and see we have a lot to learn.
Look forward to picking your brains at some point, thanks for having us.

Mel

Welcome... terrific amount of useful information for a beginner here .. the more you read and digest before you get bees the more prepared you will be when you get some.

Welcome... terrific amount of useful information for a beginner here .. the more you read and digest before you get bees the more prepared you will be when you get some.

The caveat is that I have been around bees for 60 years and still have a lot to learn!

Chons da

It’s amazing, full of ups, downs and the totally unexpected! Definitely read as much as possible and once lockdown is over see if you can find someone to watch and assist. It’s worth getting as much experience as possible before you own your own bees, especially with things as they are.

:welcome:

Do not take up beekeeping as it is addictive..:paparazzi:

Thank you all for the warm welcome, reading is definitely my thing and at the moment I have lots of time to do it.

Re:Earache from partner....we both want to do it so that will work both ways :cool:

:welcome:

Do not take up beekeeping as it is addictive..:paparazzi:
Surely this cant be a bad thing, it may stave off my lockdown alcohol problem ;)

Thank you all for the warm welcome, reading is definitely my thing and at the moment I have lots of time to do it.

Re:Earache from partner....we both want to do it so that will work both ways :cool:

Surely this cant be a bad thing, it may stave off my lockdown alcohol problem ;)

I've given up some of my vices.. Tabacoo, alcohol, and buying shoes.
The first two are now in the bee shed and I don't wear shoes.

Well you certainly won't be able to afford both!

Latest posts

Back