Hello - newbie from Norfolk

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hive Type
14x12
Number of Hives
Hello. I am new to owning a hive of my own this year. I have shadowed an experienced beekeeper for a year and acquired my first hive in June. I wasn’t expecting any honey this year, it being a new colony, but they are now three supers high and still going. I have already found the forum very helpful, and look forward to participating in future. Thanks.

Well done and you are about to harvest the best honey in the world bar non.

Hello. I am new to owning a hive of my own this year. I have shadowed an experienced beekeeper for a year and acquired my first hive in June. I wasn’t expecting any honey this year, it being a new colony, but they are now three supers high and still going. I have already found the forum very helpful, and look forward to participating in future. Thanks.

Well done and welcome!
It is no mean feat to achieve what you have done.

Welcome! lucky you, 3 supers high in your first hive! Try to get a 2nd hive, it makes all the difference in the beginning!

Thank you

Thank you for the welcome! I put it down to beginner’s luck! I know I have plenty to learn and will make mistakes - but looking forward to it.

Welcome to the reformed madhouse 😉
Lovely part of the country
Do you have oil seed rape near you?
Better learn about how to deal with the honey if you do
Plenty of OSR experts on here.
Start a new thread and ask away.

Latest posts

Back