Hello from Wisconsin USA

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bee View Farm

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
Langstroth
Number of Hives
12+
I'm new here, but i'm not new to beekeeping. My family has been in the beekeeping business over 100 years. In the 1970s and 1980s we had over 300 hives. Today i have only 12 hives.

Welcome to our forum BVF, friendly sociable lot we are generally, never a cross word, much.

Hi, new inputs, especially from various countries are good, what's your main crop, do you move your bees? Oh....and welcome!
E

At last!

Welcome!

With that family history of over a century, and long experience I'd your own, finally we have someone on the Forum who cn give us definitive answers and put an end to all our bickering.

Dusty.

[Sorry. New Year optimism has overtaken me.]

Hi, new inputs, especially from various countries are good, what's your main crop, do you move your bees? Oh....and welcome!
E

The main crops that my bees work on are White Clover and Alfalfa. I do not move my bees.

This photo is of my place, taken in 1909 To the left "Friedrich Mack" is my great grandpa, and to the left "Fred W Mack" is my grandpas brother. Fred W Mack worked for a beekeeper in Germany. In 1891 my great grandpa and grandma and their 7 kids moved to the USA. In 1893 they bought this 40 acre farm. My grandpa was born in 1895 in the log house you can see on the photo. In Germany our last name was spelled Maack. The man in the center of the photo is FF Stelling. He was the first bee inspector in the state of Wisconsin for EFB and AFB

Welcome to the forum. Brilliant picture and thanks for sharing the history around it. :thumbup:

At last!

Welcome!

With that family history of over a century, and long experience I'd your own, finally we have someone on the Forum who can give us definitive answers and put an end to all our bickering.

I think you're wrong about that.

Welcome

and ignore those of us who start New Year by drinking in advance ....

We NEVER bicker or fight - especially with new members (unless they start it:)

Latest posts

Back