Hello from Driffield, East Yorkshire

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

behappy

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
None
hi, I`m Steve. I am just starting out. I have no bees yet ,just loads of books. I am going to start collecting equipment soon. ,,,,and find a location.

hi, I`m Steve. I am just starting out. I have no bees yet ,just loads of books. I am going to start collecting equipment soon. ,,,,and find a location.

Welcome. Have you made contact with your local beekeeping association yet? Driffield is within reach of Beverley or York.

Welcome to the mad house.

Just don't trip into any of the usuals on here.
:facts:
You'll find some advice in published sources will be a little contradictory but mostly accurate. :adminpower:
Where as, some of the total B0!!0c£5 on YouTube is being spouted by self important fools with a camera! :ohthedrama:

In the forum we usually manage to hit the middle line by shooting down the nutters!:bump:

My advice would be;
get yourself down to your nearest association,
invest in a good quality suit,
save up for the sales before buying equipment you will never use,

You have a fellow madman goes under the nom de plume of linoleum bonaparte here on forum. He hails from Driffield

Hi steve welcome to the madness...there are alot of brains here dont be afraid to ask ive learnt alot from here.... would you like to come down to visit my bees for a chat ?

Hi Steve, I lived in nafferton until recently. Beverley association is a good starting point.

As for potential apiaries, I put an advert on the driffield Facebook site and ended up with two.

Sales tend to be around boxing day. Free postage on orders over £100 or £150 depending on the supplier. I would also start talking to farmers and so on to find a good site. The Ted Hooper book is a good one to start with.

Welcome to the mad house.

Just don't trip into any of the usuals on here.
:facts:
You'll find some advice in published sources will be a little contradictory but mostly accurate. :adminpower:
Where as, some of the total B0!!0c£5 on YouTube is being spouted by self important fools with a camera! :ohthedrama:

In the forum we usually manage to hit the middle line by shooting down the nutters!:bump:

My advice would be;
get yourself down to your nearest association,
invest in a good quality suit,
save up for the sales before buying equipment you will never use,

Back