Heatwave

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sweltering here, it was 35c (shade) when I inspected this afternoon, just to check for Q cells. The bees were quite benign - maybe because air temperature is brood temp.
But it's a right ------- wearing glasses as they slip off with the sweat....

Had a last peek at the bees in the garden, and there are a lot on the landing board! Opened up the roof and let some air in - not that I think it's much cooler - and watered the gravel around the hive so if they need water tomorrow they can get it from really nearby. Still forecast says cooler anyway

Ahhhhhh

On Holliers.... Returning Sunday when planned to blitz Apiaries to check hives....

35 degrees back home in parts yesterday....

Rain forecast Sunday and "below normal temps " for next week.!

Murphy's Law !

Heatwave!
well, at least the rain is warm I suppose.
My cousin has decided on the spur of the moment to fly over from Africa for a few weeks - hope the weather doesn't disappoint her!

Who'd live in Wales eh! One nice day! That was it. Summer been and come and gone guys.

What? Do you mean those photos in the tourist posters of scantily clad young ladies frolicking on the sands are not the daily norm? Maybe just as well beekeepers don't get summer holidays.

Cussword: Just seen your question about the man in a forest with no woman present, ie is he still wrong? My husband says "Most Probably".

Latest posts

Back