Heather Honey press

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chrisfnvs

Field Bee
Beekeeping Sponsor
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
I have been on the look out for sometime now for a stainless steal Honey press, i could have purchased one through our association a couple of years ago but decided not to in the end, i see swienty do one has anyone got any info on them or a possible alternative, i have also kept an eye on ebay for an MG press with now luck Chris

No just a manual one i think its about 300 euros it looks like the vigo (i thinks that`s what it is called) one but all stainless steal, i think its described as a honey /fruit press pete

I've got a Vigo fruit press but never used it for honey. I've no doubt it would do the job but it would be laborious. It's mainly wood though not stainless. The one and only time I had a volume heather crop (about 800lbs) I borrowed a big manual press and that was laborious too.

The big Swienty one..........its actually a Limousin product from France and a derivation of a grape press..........is NOT a heather honey press and should not be bought as such. Its a cappings press, recovers 95% of the honey from cappings and chop outs, which still has 'bits' in it and wax 'worms' and needs to go in back at the start of the sump and come all the way through the filtration system.

Its what we have for cappings and chop outs, but is way OTT for most beeks. We use it because it recovers the honey with no use of heat. so cappings honey and the rest of the honey are thus of the same taste and colour, and the buyers quality control system takes over before the first use of heat.

Latest posts

Back