Health benefits for eating wax comb.

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Curly green finger's

If you think you know all, you actually know nowt!
BeeKeeping Supporter
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
30+
Morning has anyone got any links to info on the above title, I'm jarring chunk and have cut comb, I want to have some information on the labels regarding health benefits of wax chewing etc.
Pic my work honey of chunk!
94bf26d26315e86680a4d682cefc0232.jpg

Sent from my YAL-L21 using Tapatalk

Simultaneously being able to remove the top and bottom plates of your dentures in one deft manoeuvre - the wax sticks them together.

I'd be very careful with claiming health benefits for honey as you may catch the eye of trading standards. You are allowed to suggest health benefits but stating that honey does have health benefits is not permitted. Any stated health benefits have to be provable.
For example, saying that 'some people find local honey helps with their hay fever' is I think permitted but saying that 'eat my local honey to cure your hay fever' would not be.
Thorne used to sell a tamper label that had 'full of natural goodness' printed on it. This can mean anything the consumer wants it to but is not saying that honey is good for you/has health benefits.

Simultaneously being able to remove the top and bottom plates of your dentures in one deft manoeuvre - the wax sticks them together.
That's very funny Amari, lucky enough I'm only 40 and I've still got all my Teath.

I find eating wax cleans my teeth and gums..

Well it does not but it sticks and forces me to clean them.

It may do things to the digestive system.. You could spend the winter eating progressively larger amounts, log your findings and present a paper on it.. and then claim the results as scientifically proven... or you short circuit all that boring stuff and lie like a certain D Trump...

If you do do the:paparazzi: above, please do NOT post any photos

Got a painful wobbly tooth but a dearth of dentists? Chewing comb will almost certainly result in a clean and painless extraction.

I'd be very careful with claiming health benefits for honey as you may catch the eye of trading standards. You are allowed to suggest health benefits but stating that honey does have health benefits is not permitted. Any stated health benefits have to be provable.

For example, saying that 'some people find local honey helps with their hay fever' is I think permitted but saying that 'eat my local honey to cure your hay fever' would not be.

Thorne used to sell a tamper label that had 'full of natural goodness' printed on it. This can mean anything the consumer wants it to but is not saying that honey is good for you/has health benefits.
Is there not any scientific data that has been collected??

Buy enough andchew it dry then spit it out and turn the chewings into a candle!
You could sell a jar with a free wick!
E

I think its just as good as chewing gum really. I would suggest you stick to generalised phrases like “natural goodness”, “unique flavour and colour”, “straight from the hive” and so on.

Is there not any scientific data that has been collected??

Look up: "Nutritional Significance and Metabolism of Very Long Chain Fatty Alcohols and Acids From Dietary Waxes
James L Hargrove et al. Exp Biol Med (Maywood). 2004 Mar."

Beeswax might be involved in regulating plasma cholesterol, but I would be careful about claiming anything.

Back