Goodbye dear friend

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Swarm

Super Moderator
Staff member
BeeKeeping Supporter
Reaction score
Had to say goodbye to our beautiful companion today, she was a wonderful dog and will be truly missed.
Pepper xx

Attachments

• Pepper 02.jpg
    Pepper 02.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 51
  • pepper.jpg
    pepper.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 58
darn, so sorry to hear that, had dogs most of my life and I truly know what it is like loosing one.

So sorry to hear that Steve, no matter how many times you go through it, whether you have loads as working animals as well as a constant companion it never gets any easier.

Bad news Steve. She must have had a blessed life with you and Julie and though she takes a little of your heart with her she must leave some most wonderful memories.

It's the day you dread as they get older - our Lab is eleven and is (at last) slowing up - our previous labs didn't make 11 so we are on borrowed time with him now - they should all live as long as we do. It's going to be a tough few days for you ...

Thanks for the kind words ....

They break your heart every time, yet it's a pain you are prepared to go through, for the trade off is the wonderful time you spend together.
It's very difficult at the moment, no Staffy in the house after thirty four years. Pepper was from the last litter we bred and has been with us since 11/04/2003. I know we are biased but she really was perfect, never known such a sensible dog and she loved everyone. Determined right to the end, it was a privilege to have known her.

Phil,
I hope he bucks the trend for you. Five Staffies in total and none of them made 14, we had everything crossed for Pepper but it wasn't to be, sadly.

Marvellous little dogs and so many end up in rescue! My step daughter is a Plod and she rescued one from a maniac trying to kick his puppy to death. Broken ribs and pins and plates in both hind legs and only 12 weeks old. She's been wonderful with the grandchildren and whenever we dog sat she would wiggle into the bed if she could and snuggle down at the bottom. A perfect hot water bottle.

Thanks for the kind words ....

Phil,
I hope he bucks the trend for you. Five Staffies in total and none of them made 14, we had everything crossed for Pepper but it wasn't to be, sadly.

All you can do is hope that they stay fit and healthy and make old bones ... and go quickly without lingering. Staffies are lovely dogs .. fantastic personalities - if we didn't have such a love affair with Labradors they would be a choice.

Sorry to hear that, it is a absolutely horrible thing to go through and staffies are one of several breeds that can seem almost human which does not help matters, keep your chin up and get a little pup when you feel the time is right.

Millet,
If I told you some things about her you'd never believe she was a Staffy. Just like her dad, she was super fit but totally dependable and sensible as can be.
The line we bred has fizzled away by now. They were taller, leaner dogs, bred to the original breed standard and we bred some beautiful animals in all fairness. Another Staffy just wouldn't compare.
In contrast, we have two Patterdales ...... She was mother to both of them but couldn't teach them any sense. Milo has a peanut for a brain but Jesse only has a rice krispy, so they keep us busy enough. Dread to think what they'd do to a pup.

Heaven is where we go to be with all the dogs we've ever loved.

So true ... I think you remember more about your dogs than almost anything else in your life. You can see why they got the title of man's best friend. They never judge you, they give back so much for just a pat and a kind word, they read us and our moods far better than other humans and I'm sure they have senses and abilities that we cannot even begin to comprehend.

Millet,
If I told you some things about her you'd never believe she was a Staffy. Just like her dad, she was super fit but totally dependable and sensible as can be.
The line we bred has fizzled away by now. They were taller, leaner dogs, bred to the original breed standard and we bred some beautiful animals in all fairness. Another Staffy just wouldn't compare.
In contrast, we have two Patterdales ...... She was mother to both of them but couldn't teach them any sense. Milo has a peanut for a brain but Jesse only has a rice krispy, so they keep us busy enough. Dread to think what they'd do to a pup.

Pat's are definitely not wired right, I have one here that I can not take any where, it cost me over £700 in vet bills on one time and it is lucky too be here as it was touch and go weather it would get the bullet.

This is the old boy we had for a couple of years . Had to let him go as he had a fused spine and his back legs went . A total nut case after being used just for breeding . Managed to get him away before he was used again as a so called pedigree dog . Would eat any other dog near him but was a total softy with the kids . We knew he had problems but gave him a loving home for his last couple of years . Hurts when they are gone .
aa21b8b738c6878456102ee7ad47b0a9.jpg
fbb3c6b8f7a5c84ccf29d4ad11946b5e.jpg

Ah bless! Was he a digger? I never knew a Dalmatian that didn't try to dig to OZ
Funny enough no . We gave him a big fresh raw bone and he did not know what to do with it poor sod . Had such bad guts when we first got him . 4 craps a day . The crap food he was being fed was gross . Had it sorted in 2 weeks on the dry food . Some people should never have dogs .

Been a week, poor Milo is still feeling it. Jesse is younger and only wonders why there are no afters at Peppers place at dinner time.
We nailed her name tag to the Oak tree tonight.

It is sad. 10 year old lovely border collie here. Not looking forward to the day she passes. It really does feel like losing a family member

Latest posts

Back