Gloves

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you have a Lidl near you, their gloves are a marigold type and keep most stings out. At 99p for 2 pairs they are cheap enough to keep a pair for each apiary and, handily, come in different colours for instant identification. Like Marigolds, they can be washed in soda solution. The only drawback for me is the problem with any gloves in that I can never get any small enough - the over long fingers always get caught under the frame lugs - PITA! I don't usually wear gloves, but these certainly do the job when required.

ok thanks for all the comments, have purchased an assortment so we will see how we get on

I have used these for the past three seasons and only once has a bee manage to get the tip of its sting to the end of my finger which wore of after a short period, i put a pair of blue nitrile gloves over them now as it was a pain having to wash propolis of them, i simply throw the outer nitrile glove away when i am done and i can get a box of 100 for less than £5 from my local car parts dealer.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/161002343...49&var=460173365237&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

I have used these for the past three seasons and only once has a bee manage to get the tip of its sting to the end of my finger which wore of after a short period, i put a pair of blue nitrile gloves over them now as it was a pain having to wash propolis of them, i simply throw the outer nitrile glove away when i am done and i can get a box of 100 for less than £5 from my local car parts dealer.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/161002343...49&var=460173365237&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

Perfect- thanks for that, i got two pairs of those, plus 100 nitrile gloves, and then a pair of gloves from buzz. as a start i should be ok and will work to see whats best for me.

Perfect- thanks for that, i got two pairs of those, plus 100 nitrile gloves, and then a pair of gloves from buzz. as a start i should be ok and will work to see whats best for me.

Glad to help however do not go on a spending spree as them gloves last for years, i have just got through one pair after setting thousands upon thousands of mole traps over the past 5yr's so that should give you an idea of the durability of them, i also need to feel triggers when setting and a lot of other things while wearing those type of gloves and those are the best i have found to date, that is why i chose them for when i am playing with bees with the added bonus of 99.9 % of stings never get through them and i have angry ladies at the moment.
Good luck with them.

Back