• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Beekeeping Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Freshly caught Swarm - £30

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
£30 - great price. Lots of people would be very grateful for a large swarm. If you don't want it don't buy it. Stop the wingeing though!

There will be talk of extracting the honey instead of leaving it to the bees next.

So we agree: "Swarms do not make ideal starter colonies...the queen is likely old and temperament cannot be determined for several weeks."

With EXPERIENCE and REQUEENING...it's a whole different ballpark...

I didn't mean to offend!:sorry:
I just feel that people seem to put a downer on swarm stocks when i personally havent really had much trouble with them re-swarming.
several weeks seems excessive. maybe i have been very lucky and just get hold of the good types of swarms haha :chillpill:

So your not interested then Susbees ????

lol

No, he's paranoid.
Swarms make great, if not the greatest starter colonies! And their queens might be as old as one year or less.
And don't let anyone let insurance rule their lives!
You are generous to offer it for 30 quid, for all the work you will have put in.

I'd much rather pay £30 for a swarm than £200 for a swarm sold as a 'strong nuc'.

I'd much rather pay £30 for a swarm than £200 for a swarm sold as a 'strong nuc'.

Or £260 for a hive full of bees nicked off someone else and spirited off to the other side of the country in a white van ... at least you 'know' people on here !

:iagree: I wouldn't object to £30.00 it's the kind of price that cover's the collector's (is the apostrophe in the right place there:D) legitimate expenses and the amount of money that won't hurt too much if the colony fails. Better than the swarm on fleabay last month starting at the price of a properly made up nuc

dunno about your astophees thingys but me swarm is cheeper at 2500. i might put it on £bay(get 200000 moaners,I mean watchers from beeks:(
.'

Last edited:
Lol..... I have had about 4 emails from people asking to buy a swarm from me. I couldnt understand where they were seeing me advertising. I totally forgot about this thread.

Its an old thread guys but if this year continues as it has started, I will hopefully have a few more swarms available soon.

The guys who have already emailed me will get first refusal but please feel free to send me your details if you live local to me.

Last year, I collected probably 15 swarms and have already done three this year so hopefully a good few more to come.

As before, I will charge £30 to cover my expenses.

Latest posts

Back