forage rape

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

islayhawk

House Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
None
A farmer close to me has a field sown with forage rape. The field is a mass of yellow flowers.I know about OSR- but is forage rape a flower beneficial to bees

The simple answer is "yes". As far as I know bees will work all flowers of the brassica family.

Thanks for posting about forage rape, shall add that to turnips if I ever get any sheep.

A farmer close to me has a field sown with forage rape. The field is a mass of yellow flowers.I know about OSR- but is forage rape a flower beneficial to bees

Is he going to put sheep in the field and let them eat it because there is no grass due to the hot summer...? Farmers up here do something similar this time of year but with a type of beet, it never gets chance to flower though.

Not sure. Field is amass with flowers. I would imagine he will graze it. Curious of value to bees.

cold be sown as part of set aside bird cover,have5 acres here bees all over it at moment

Latest posts

Back