flavoured honey

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Don't knock it JBM, we export millions of farmed snails each year to france as they cant produce enough for their own markets.

I know - remember stopping an African gent in Cardiff airport many years ago (before we had 'tinternet to help us corroborate stories) and his reason to visit was he was going to see a working snail farm in the Vale somewere with the intention of going home to start his own enterprise. Took a lot of convincing and a few phonecalls before we allowed the poor dab on his way!

Why would anyone want to flavour a good honey which leaves me thinking the quality of honey.

Don't knock it JBM, we export millions of farmed snails each year to france as they cant produce enough for their own markets.

With bacon and cream they're delicious. But I once had a very disappointing snail pizza - the base was made with wholemeal flour. Yuk!

I like penny winkles but don't think I would like to try a snail, frog's legs or monkey's brains. A sea slug looks quite repulsive and wouldn't put my lips anywhere near a fried grasshopper

Latest posts

Back