Finishing feeding

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The hives all smell strongly of ivy now and some of them have no more room for extra stores, but a few of them still have, so they got another top up of thymolated syrup.

Over the weekend there were a few wasps about, so I still haven't put on the mouse guards. One colony at the allotment was aggressive and following. The queen was open mated from one of the fancy queens, but she has been in there long enough to know her temperament. I caged her so that she will be easy to find when I go back to replace her as this good weather won't last much longer.

The varroa is still dropping from having the oasis thymol patties in, so I have still left the inserts in, at least until the weather turns and the risk of damp increases.

Some of the nucs are bigger than others, so I moved some sealed brood around to equalise them a bit. I think I'll bring the nucs back to the house soon, then I'll be able to keep a closer eye on them.

I won't be seeing the students much over the Winter. I've spent more time with them over the season than with a lot of my relatives and I will miss them. Aaawww.

Latest posts

Back