feeding up and overwintering a nuc

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
have you ever thought for one moment that for some people it is NOT all about the honey?
some people might take a small nuc through winter with YES a single frame, and come spring take care of it all the way through spring and summer only to get to winter with that single frame being a full colony and not a drop of honey taken, and at the end of it all that person is " happy " about what they have done,
So how about putting away your trident and taking of the cloak of doom and gloom and actually saying something positive and encouraging and even regardless of how small a feeling of hope that what they are doing Might go to plan and if not then at least they will have given it a good shot.

I read this...it seems you spend too much time messing with tiny nucs and terrapin heaters, you need to learn that you need strong colonies, good pastures, and good weather to get a big yield.

Reading and understanding are different things.

What a heartless uncaring bunch you are ... forget the bees, what happened to the poor terrapin?

stock-vector-cartoon-cute-character-turtle-sea-tortoise-with-sad-eyes-standing-hand-drawn-vector-illustration-272821982.jpg

What a heartless uncaring bunch you are ... forget the bees, what happened to the poor terrapin?

stock-vector-cartoon-cute-character-turtle-sea-tortoise-with-sad-eyes-standing-hand-drawn-vector-illustration-272821982.jpg

It died of cold. No heater to keep it warm. Some bu99er used it for his bees.

Well, that's for sure. Don't need any, and wouldn't accept it if someone offered.

HaHa, you may well have nailed it there with that quote, anyhow regardless of ones stubbornness (not Michael , my twin brothers name by the way).
Finny to me knows his onions but talks too much shite that does not make sense in the real world, can we not rally together and find a good translation page that the owld guy can use, instead of him alienating himself from the real world.

have you ever thought for one moment that for some people it is NOT all about the honey?
some people might take a small nuc through winter with YES a single frame, and come spring take care of it all the way through spring and summer only to get to winter with that single frame being a full colony and not a drop of honey taken, and at the end of it all that person is " happy " about what they have done,
You're right, and that is enough achievement for a lot of newer beekeepers who seem happy enough to raise and look after healthy bees and don't give a thought to a honey crop.

Well, that's for sure. Don't need any, and wouldn't accept it if someone offered.

Wellcome to " I know everything - society".

If I want to know something,I do not open any forum. I call to reliable beekeepers. I am able to read newest researches from internet. I have basic knowledge to understand what they say.

Splitting small hives to nucs, before winter.... I do not do that and I do not encourage anybody to do that . I have here serious winter. It is not mere wet autumn day.

Last edited:
But Finnie, lots of folk do use fora and you yourself give advice here.
This forum can actually be a community of sorts and real friendships (as opposed to cyber ones) are made.

Latest posts

Back