Farm site available.

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
A farm, slightly West of the Trent in the area between Newark and Gainsborough are looking for an experienced beekeeper to site some hives there. They grow plenty of rape and are on the outskirts of a village. The younger of the two brothers would like to keep some bees himself and so some mentoring would be appreciated.

Please PM me for more details.

Frisbee

I think there are two problems
(1) must be someone close by to look after them
(2) keepers fear that once learnt the farmer might want the land back
but very good post hope someone takes it up any near lutterworth south Leicester ? anyone

It's a serious offer and a permanent site. The farmers had a beek, but he retired a couple of years ago and they haven't been able to replace him...hence one of them wanting to take it up himself. But that wouldn't detract from a newcomer being welcomed.
It is in a funny spot though because of the Trent. Someone could easily live within half a mile of the farm but it's a 10 mile round trip to cross the river.

I go to farms all over the place...give me a more precise location than south Leicester/Lutterworth and I'll see who I can find....Pm if you like.

Frisbee

hi Frisbee we would be appreciated for any info, there are two of us gyp and me lutterworth is gyps area and blaby is my area at the moment we have hives all over the place but no permanent sites
thanks

ps or if we could get a winter site

thanks I know Ashby/ Bitterswell very well and its smack between me and gyp

thanks
terry

Latest posts

Back