Fallout from the Windsor Agreement

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

roche

Queen Bee
BeeKeeping Supporter
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
I guess this will affect Honey labelling as well, from July 2025...

The Windsor Agreement includes the introduction of "Not for EU" labels on GB food products, to give a level of assurance to the EU that products would not wrongly enter its single market.
From October, prepacked meat and fresh milk have to be individually labelled in that way, with labelling of other goods being rolled out by July 2025.

The Windsor Agreement includes the introduction of "Not for EU" labels on GB food products, to give a level of assurance to the EU that products would not wrongly enter its single market.
From October, prepacked meat and fresh milk have to be individually labelled in that way, with labelling of other goods being rolled out by July 2025.
I'm not sure that this is going to apply to honey ....it appears to be limited to those products which already have stringent export requirements. To be honest - as we are a nett importer of honey I rather think it's going to be a non-issue. Time will tell.

"As of 1 July 2025, all retail goods (other than goods sold loose) will be individually labelled except those not subjected to official controls at border control posts in the EU (e.g.: confectionery, chocolate, pasta, biscuits, coffee, tea, liqueurs, canned fruit and vegetables, ketchup and similar shelf-stable products)."

Last edited:

If only any honey that is a blend of EU and non EU honeys had Not for UK of their label.

Latest posts

Back