Extraction physics

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wessexmario

Drone Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
In the man-shed this morning I found I may have enough bits & pieces to make a motorised extractor (old washing machine motor, bits of aluminium etc)

As the centrifugal force required depends on angular speed and radius, and I won't want it to spin too slow or fast, knowing the rotational speed and frame radius for extractors out there will be a great help, anyone? thanks.

In the man-shed this morning I found I may have enough bits & pieces to make a motorised extractor (old washing machine motor, bits of aluminium etc)

As the centrifugal force required depends on angular speed and radius, and I won't want it to spin too slow or fast, knowing the rotational speed and frame radius for extractors out there will be a great help, anyone? thanks.

centripetal acceleration :)

Variable speed 30-100 rpm with plenty of torque to get moving?

2 X the drum diameter x the depth of the drum, divide by the motor ampage, x the max speed of the motor add to this the amount of frames you wish to spin, then if you want to vary the speed add 42. This will give you a really bad headache :)

Back