Email Bank Scam.

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
3 National Hives & 1 Observation Hive.(Indoors) & lots of empty boxes..
Scam emails from your bank.

Got this email this evening regarding wife's bank account.. Odd thing was that the email came to me, whereas it is her email address that is registered on the account.

Dear *******,

This message confirms your NatWest Secure password has changed on Tue, Feb 1, 2011 19:39:39(GMT). Your old password is no longer valid.

If you did not change your password, please contact us immediately on 0870 010 4542.

Please note that this e-mail does not relate to your online banking service and the password created is only for use during shopping with your Visa debit card.

Alternatively if you have any questions or problems regarding registration, logging in, or shopping with NatWest Secure, we are here to help! You can always visit link removed for further information.

Your Bank and the Police will never contact you to ask you to disclose your online banking or payment card PIN's, or your password information.

Thank you.
NatWest Customer Service Centre

DO NOT CALL THAT NUMBER........ Call your bank if you are worried.....

Just to check, put that phone number into Google and see the results....

People have been getting the same email from Tesco and RBS....

I think the idea is that you give the people on the phone your old password...and then a new one....not sure.

Google first post is as follows.

Got a call from 08700104542? Report it and help to identify who and why is ... yes it is definitely a scam; DO NOT CALL UP 0870 010 4542.

so many of these going around I delete all of them straight away.

I looked up who the website of www.natwestsecure belongs to and it looks like RBS.

There was a google report on a camping site forum from somebody who got taken but they insisted they had phoned their bank to check,,,, I am inclined to think they phoned the number in the email......thinking it was thier bank...

so many of these going around I delete all of them straight away.

My ISP provides a link for spam to be refered to them and I give them scam stuff too before deletion. It then goes into their database and is intercepted and deleted by them during transmission to any other recipients. Your ISP might do likewise?

I must get a dozen of these every day, though spam filters account for over half. They are a pain, but people must fall for them otherwise they would stop.

Golden rules for mails proporting to be from financial institutions

NEVER provide your password or login details in response, directly or indirectly

NEVER even click on a link

If you do not bank with these people then just delete it. If you do and are worried its a genuine messge then telephone them up, but not using any numbers in the mail.

Latest posts

Back