Eggs… No Eggs... Eggs... No Eggs & nothing else.

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
Overwintered Nuc, with queen marching about. Look in and a half frame of eggs, revisit no egg and no other brood stage. Revisit and same routine again. Mystery is that here are approx. 3 frames of bees still within. History: a troublesome swarm cast that was v difficult to Q but did so. Wouldn’t have expected winter bees to thrive this far into May. I anticipate the eggs are suspect and eaten. Before I chop her any suggestions as to what’s going on. No one hasn’t been sampling the mushrooms!;)

Apart from they might know something is up, do they have plenty of pollen? I'm thinking lack of protein. What if you add a frame of sealed/emerging brood? Maybe a flush of new nurse bees would help.

Thanks Swarm .... Yep they have fresh pollen and nectar; all is as one might otherwise expect save size for obvious reason. But nary a larva. The sealed brood might just do it ... so lets have a shot at it. Thanks again.

Back