Dydd Gŵyl Dewi - St. David's Day

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BeeJayBee

Queen Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
Langstroth
:Wales_flag:

Dydd Gŵyl Dewi Hapus i chi gyd.
Happy St David's Day to you all.

Cofio'r pethau bychain.

And for all you heathens out there who don't have a hang of the language of heaven and didn't know what MBC said - it was part of St David's creed - Cofio'r pethau bychan - remember the little things And was said to be his last sermon. I had it written in the front of my day book when I was out in Africa and is a constant inspiration.

"Byddwch lawen a chedwch eich ffydd a'ch crêd, a gwnewch y petheu bychein a glywysawch ac a welsawch gennyf i. A minnau a gerddaf y ffordd yr aeth ein tadau"

"Be joyful, and keep your faith and your creed, and do the little things that you have seen me do and heard about. I will walk the path that our fathers have trod before us"

Last edited:
no need to shout quite so loud jbm

well he did have an exceptional voice apparently :D - bit of font error there whilst typing methinks but it is a job getting through to the saxon heathen and the likes. :D the reason he was called to speak at the synod of Brefi (Now Llanddewi Brefi because of that miracle) by archbishop Dubricius as the massive crowd of clerics meant the old boy couldn't be heard - Dubricius was so impressed he retired on the spot and let Dewi take over.

I suppose this year is even more significant as Dewi is said to have died on Tuesday March 1st 589

For the first time in 30 years I forgot to buy my Welsh wife daffodils yesterday. She took it well, even laughed and it's that that terrifies me ...

Latest posts

Back