cutting slots for mesh

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yes tom,the pierced sheets are much better for rigidity and will purchase these from now on.up until now i have bought whatever was the cheapest at the time so have 70 floors with a mixture of differing mesh types.the benefit of woven mesh is the are easy to cut to size but got a tin snips now so will use pierced sheet material

That looks a handy little thing - have you used it?

I find that larger tools are difficult to control (oooh er). Eg. I have limited myself to 14v drill/driver as the 18v are too heavy and cumbersome for any extended use. Was tempted by the greater power, but would have been hampered buy my puny strength - and smaller hands!

I haven't found the need to buy one (yet) but looks a handy tool for cutting slots

they look good but really dont want to spend 80 quid to cut slots so have sent for some 2mm router slot cutters which were very cheap but they should be fine for what i need.if i re-use woven mesh i already have then i will need to run a thin baton underneath for support

This is what I was talking about:

2lo0r41.jpg

Steel mesh with several coats of black paint should last longer in this world than I will ... :)

I'd prefer s/s obviously, but the above mesh cost me about 30p.

LJ

just looked at trend and they have 1.5mm straight bits for under 20 quid.easily broken though i would imagine.
thing is little john i sell the odd cedar hive now and then and so want them top quality

Last edited:
Back