Crunch!

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes a definite crunch and rapid postings from a new member. Haven't we seen that somewhere before? I go away to Berlin and look what happens!

I notice that the online/archive version of BBKA News does not include the additional pages relating to the court case. Presumably so that it can all slip quietly from view and out of the archives... Frank's letter being particularly troubling to the status quo.

Is the 20 posts cast in stone? Perhaps a lower number might be more appropriate?

It was 50 at one time, amusing to see the desperately nosey ones that join the forum and do lots of completely meaningless posts in quick succession, just so they can access that area of the forum, like the editor for some magazine did today.

All I will say is this.

Actions speak louder than words.

PH

amusing to see the desperately nosey ones that join the forum and do lots of completely meaningless posts in quick succession, just so they can access that area of the forum, like the editor for some magazine did today.

Not the BBKA news surely?

I have been in contact with the Chairman and several trustees of the BBKA today. They have given me clear answers to several questions and obviously spent a lot of their personal time replying to just one member.
They all have views on the Court Case and the adopt a hive issues. I think lessons have been learned and a new atmosphere is being fostered at the BBKA.
I get the feeling that if Margaret had been the Chair at the time there would have been no court case. The loss of some employees and trustees appears to have had a positive effect on morale at the BBKA. I hope it works well for the new management team. I am prepared to give them a little time to 'cleanse the stables' or as my mate Donald would say 'drain the swamp'
An interesting point has ben raised. Apparently F--- Book carried some libellous remarks that required BBKA intervention. This was not down to a known BBKA member. I assume that like me, most are old farts who don't do F---Book.
I think from what I have learned that Admin did the correct thing in removing the posts from this site although I think most of them were carefully worded to avoid offence or libel.
I have really enjoyed the expression of views on this topic it has brightened up what was becoming a bit of a flat time on the forum.

Last edited:
In view of the horrible way a certain beekeeping organisation (which I will not name, even by its initials) treats other people who are trying their best to further the interests of beekeepers (again no names) I am almost pleased that I had to get rid of my bees. I will be well out of it. Even on this site we are being careful of what we say. So much for free speech. No wonder people keep bees in secret.

Not sure if its anything to do with this bunfight, but I was prompted to seach "adopt a hive" only to discover the biggest rip off going. What the hell is that all about?
All presented in blue peter speak, save the bees mumbo jumbo, smiley cartoon images telling me to "shop" online, pollinate the planet and send them dosh for, almost, bugger all.
Sorry if its off topic, but looks like a scam to me.

Last edited:
Why is it "something different"?
Looks exploitative to me.

Not sure if its anything to do with this bunfight, but I was prompted to seach "adopt a hive" only to discover the biggest rip off going. What the hell is that all about?
All presented in blue peter speak, save the bees mumbo jumbo, smiley cartoon images telling me to "shop" online, pollinate the planet and send them dosh for, almost, bugger all.
Sorry if its off topic, but looks like a scam to me.

Amongst the posts in the other thread was this clarification

DanBee
Drone
-
Hive Type: Commercial
Number Of Hives: 140

Point to clear up: 'Adopt a Beehive' is the BBKA project, I wasn't aware until it was pointed out to me that there is an entirely separate scheme running as 'Adopt a Hive' - see their website. I have referred to the BBKA scheme consistently as 'Adopt a Hive' until now.

I can't go back and edit my posts, but I will ask Hivemaker to adjust the thread title to reduce any confusion

Thanks GJ, yes I was referring only to the BBKA sc.., er, scheme, rather than any other by a similar name.

I won't post just for the sake of accessing another area of the forum, or getting my post count up, I'll just post when I feel the need to or have a question to ask.

Latest posts

Back