Covid19

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bear

House Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
Although there are restrictions of movement, you can still attend any aiperys away from your home regardless of distance or amount of hives. This does cover the Commercial Beekeeper and the Hobby beekeeper. Same as a farmer tending his sheep, cows etc. 2m rule still applies. Guidance can be found on the National Bee unit website and or the government website. I would have added the screen shots of it but don’t know how. :winner1st:

Although there are restrictions of movement, you can still attend any aiperys away from your home regardless of distance or amount of hives. This does cover the Commercial Beekeeper and the Hobby beekeeper. Same as a farmer tending his sheep, cows etc. 2m rule still applies. Guidance can be found on the National Bee unit website and or the government website. I would have added the screen shots of it but don’t know how. :winner1st:

It’s here
https://beekeepingforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=46182&highlight=Covid+NBU

What if...
The beekeeper is self isolating due to suspect Corona virus... is he or she allowed to travel to attend bees ??... or would the same cautionary advice about having an accident whilst traveling apply as previously highlighted on this forum ( infecting all the rescue services involved after an RTA .....

WHAT IF.... one sees an Asian Hornet ??

...... the HMG decide on more drastic measures to flatten the curve as R increases and the great unwashed ( and the odd beekeeper) begin to ignore the advice... to stay at home ??

Of course none of the above applies to ( add name here)!!!!

Chons da

And for the sake of completeness, the same applies in Ireland. Here the recommendation is that one carry ID, e.g. driving licence, and equipment indicating that you're a beekeeper, e.g. suit, a copy of your department registration, tools, etc. although a box of bees would be very persuasive. Also they warn not to abuse the privilege, so no popping into your friends when you're supposed to be inspecting your bees. However, remember that the regulations are open to interpretation by the Gardaí, and there are a number of stories about over-enthusiastic cops doing things like preventing the sale of Easter eggs.

Here the recommendation is that one carry ID, e.g. driving licence, and equipment indicating that you're a beekeeper, e.g. suit, a copy of your department registration, tools, etc. although a box of bees would be very persuasive.

Here in London our honey company has issued beekeepers and other staff with letters of confirmation of employment in food production and livestock management. We're going to keep in the van a paper copy of the NBU advice as well as BPM's suggested kit; one person at a time in the cab is a bit of a logistical drawback.

Here in London our honey company has issued beekeepers and other staff with letters of confirmation of employment in food production and livestock management. We're going to keep in the van a paper copy of the NBU advice as well as BPM's suggested kit; one person at a time in the cab is a bit of a logistical drawback.

Police cars around where I live are double crewed at the moment!!

Just seen a police car double crewed pass us while on our daily exercise walk

Loopy, but suppose they're caught between two regs: to work in teams and to stay 2m apart.

If your a key worker e.g food process you can have passengers in your vehicle as long as they work for the same company. A letter to each employee should be given and if stopped by police shown, and it’s only for use too and from work unless you need to move by road from job to job I.e potato picking. If you do not have / produce a letter the police should then phone your company to find out but that’ll take a bit of time.

If your a key worker e.g food process you can have passengers in your vehicle as long as they work for the same company. A letter to each employee should be given and if stopped by police shown, and it’s only for use too and from work unless you need to move by road from job to job I.e potato picking. If you do not have / produce a letter the police should then phone your company to find out but that’ll take a bit of time.

Is that just in Yorkshire or is it .Gov.uk policy? Would you post a link to the regs? All I can find are newspaper articles which tell me not very much.

Is that just in Yorkshire or is it .Gov.uk policy? Would you post a link to the regs? All I can find are newspaper articles which tell me not very much.

Ask your local police force they should be able to guide you.
P.s I’m in Scotland not Yorkshire.

Ask your local police force they should be able to guide you. P.s I’m in Scotland not Yorkshire*.

Therein lies the problem: I'll be driving to Hertfordshire, Essex, Surrey and London, and one force may have different rules from another. As far as I can work out, UK forces are no wiser and are figuring out some of this stuff as they go so I'll fall back on what is obviously the best option: single driving.

*Apologies for the insult :) (have no idea how that crept in).

Ask your local police force they should be able to guide you.
P.s I’m in Scotland not Yorkshire.

Never ask a man if he comes from Yorkshire because if he does he will already have told you and if he doesn't you might cause offence. :)

Never ask a man if he comes from Yorkshire because if he does he will already have told you and if he doesn't you might cause offence. :)

HA HA!! Been called a lot worse than a Yorkshireman that’s for sure!!!!! No offence taken. Only stated I was in Scotland to clarify my whereabouts.

I just want to say. WOW! Our armed forces have produced a clean end efficient hospital in a week. The USA has done the same and produced what looks like a scout camp. No insult to out American friends who post on here. Just appreciating how lucky we are here in the UK
E

:iagree::iagree:
There was an interview with the military guy who was in charge of the construction of the Exel Centre hospital on the Beeb today. He said he'd done large military hospitals in weeks all over the world and didn't seem to be phased by the size of this operation.

:iagree::iagree:
There was an interview with the military guy who was in charge of the construction of the Exel Centre hospital on the Beeb today. He said he'd done large military hospitals in weeks all over the world and didn't seem to be phased by the size of this operation.

Yes, I saw it, he deserves another medal!
E

I think the correct expression finishes 'and if he doesn't, why humiliate him?'.

Just saying.

I think the correct expression finishes 'and if he doesn't, why humiliate him?'.

Just saying.

I know, but I've been flamed too many times on the internet for being derogatory to ethnic minorities :)ohthedrama:) so thought I'd try diplomacy.

Back